Hacking Action Replay swapping?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,626
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Is Action Replay functional yet using the Xi loader?

I can boot into Action Replay but when i go to swap the disc, it just says "Error: No disc".

The game i inserted is the Zelda Collection.

(this is on wii by the way)

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have been able to load the AR device and it even loads games, but it doesn's seem to load copies when swapping disca, only originals seem to work

BuckMcCoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just boot using the patched mios (press 'B' at launch) and you can swap discs, as far as I know only originals work for AR swapping atm though.

D

Deleted User

OP
If i boot Action Replay with the patched mIOS (pressing B) then i just get the "An Error Has occurred" screen.

Do i have the wrong mIOS installed?

Edit: Come to think of it...... I don't think pressing B has ever worked for me at all. I just get the above mentioned error.

LWares87

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, i get the old classic "an error has occured please eject disc and turn off console" when i boot AR when using the loader.
frown.gif

Does anyone have a faint idea what to do about this? As i have made a multi-disc with all the zelda's (excluding OoT: MQ) on for GC which includes AR as well for my Wii console.
smile.gif

BuckMcCoy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, here's how I got mine working, I used any title deleter to get rid of my old mios (may not be necessary but meh) then used the mios patcher from wiigators gamecube launcher xi to install the cmios 5 with backup channel support. Then I burned a *full sized* action replay iso (if its not 1.35gb in size it will not work) with multigame creator (only necessary if you plan on having more than one game on the disk like i did) and burned with imgburn. Then all you have to do is launch it with the patched mios ('B') and it will boot and allow swapping. Also you may want to disable 'region free gamecube' if you have any softmii or starfall hacks.

D

Deleted User

OP
Nope, still nothing. I've tried every manner of cIOSes and mIOSes and i always get the "No Disc" error when booting up Action Replay or "An Error has Occurred" if i try to boot using patched mIOS.

Any other suggestions?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.