Action Replay on Flash Card games?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ketheriel, Dec 10, 2008.

1. ketheriel
    OP

ketheriel Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    I did a very cursory glance and couldn't find a topic regarding this, but I imagine there is one and I just didn't see it. I have a G6 flash card and all that jazz, and I'm wanting to find out how to use action replay codes on the games on the card. I just use the card to play games I'm not all that keen on shelling out money for, and now I just want to blow past them without even putting much effort into it. So there you go.

2. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    theres no need since the flash carts are action replay cheat compatible. it has the action replay built in basically.

3. ketheriel
    OP

ketheriel Member

Newcomer
    Nov 5, 2002
    United States
    Really? Ain't that a kicker. Well, how do I go about using them? I have a G6 Flash thinger and a Passcard 3.

4. dinofan01

dinofan01 Misses the old days...

Jul 4, 2008
    United States
    im not too sure for your g6. I suggest searching before making a post to ask though. im sure you can find it somewhere.

5. fgghjjkll

fgghjjkll GBATemp MegaMan

GBAtemp Patron
    fgghjjkll is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 7, 2008
    the g6 real firmware is like the m3 real so i think you shove cheat.db in SYSTEM.
    (can someone correct me? i think i mixed up with sakura)

6. DanTheManMS

DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

Jun 2, 2007
    United States
    Georgia
    You're confused about the actual product itself. He has a G6, not a G6 Real. Big difference in that what he has is a slot-2 device.

As far as I'm aware, the slot-2 Supercards are the only slot-2 devices to support cheats for DS games. I'm not entirely certain about that however.

7. LivingToDie

LivingToDie Banned

Banned
    Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    The world that never was
    uhhm i have a reaallly old card (firecard-> n-card clone) and it doesnt support AR codes.... how can i still use AR codes on my flashcard games ?

8. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Get DSATM and patch cheats into your ROMs.

9. LivingToDie

LivingToDie Banned

Banned
    Jun 11, 2008
    Netherlands
    The world that never was
    but i want AR codes for pokemon platinum...(i dont really like to CHEAT) i just want to use AR for Azure flute and Oaks letter and that kind of stuff....
    so if i patch it in my rom with DSATM how will that work ? i mean....if i enter like a cheat for azure flute i have to go to pokemarkt and theres a green guy who will give you the azure flute
    but if i enter 3 AR codes in my rom... xD will there be 3 green guys ? or will the first cheat disable after i got the item .......