OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, no no NOT THE CODES
biggrin.gif

I mean is there an action replay.nds file out there that can be run on r4, and then used on legit games?
I mean as in you plug in r4, boot it up and run a file called actionreplay.nds in the game menu.
You then remove the r4 and plug in the legit game cart and click start and it runs with cheats....
I mean like the real one with the action replay ds card.

Please, help is appreciated

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Astrolo said:
No, no no NOT THE CODES
biggrin.gif

I mean is there an action replay.nds file out there that can be run on r4, and then used on legit games?
I mean as in you plug in r4, boot it up and run a file called actionreplay.nds in the game menu.
You then remove the r4 and plug in the legit game cart and click start and it runs with cheats....

Use NitroHax. It is the equivalent of what your looking for.

Astrolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
Astrolo said:
No, no no NOT THE CODES
biggrin.gif

Use NitroHax. It is the equivalent of what your looking for.

Thanks, downloading now!
Hopefully will be good.
That was my first post, and to be honest, i did SERIOUSLY not expect this forum or the users to be so fast and helpfull!
Thanks again!

Astrolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First problem:
Program boots fine buut i have to manually select cheat file
Cheat file i am using is the CHEATS.xml.zip file in http://cheats.gbatemp.net/
So when i manually select the file it just stays on Loading Codes.....
Its just stuck there, not doing anything!!

Please help!

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cracker said:
NitroHax doesn't work on ROMs. To use cheats on ROMs you can use the built-in functionality of the loader used by your R4 (official R4 loader will work but Wood firmware is way more up to date). Alternatively, you could use DSATM to patch the codes into the game so you don't have to mess with the cheat engine.
He wants to use legit games.

Astrolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fudgenuts64 said:
cracker said:
NitroHax doesn't work on ROMs. To use cheats on ROMs you can use the built-in functionality of the loader used by your R4 (official R4 loader will work but Wood firmware is way more up to date). Alternatively, you could use DSATM to patch the codes into the game so you don't have to mess with the cheat engine.
He wants to use legit games.

Yup, stuck on Loading codes for 10 mins now

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
Place only 5game cheat list at a time..

its normal to hang up on that homebrew if you have more than 5 game cheats on your cheat file.

Astrolo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dnniwa485 said:
Place only 5game cheat list at a time..

its normal to hang up on that homebrew if you have more than 5 game cheats on your cheat file.

I dont understand, can you explain and maybe link for one if it doesnt obstruct the rules?
Thanks!

dnniwa485

Trophies
XP
Country
the cheat file you loaded might have more than 5 sets of game cheats on it.. if it is.. then it will just hang.. just place a 5 set or less of game cheats on the cheat file..

if you downloaded the cheat file from gbatemp database.. probably that cheat file contains 4000+ sets of game cheats. And that file will never ever work on that homebrew.. as of 1... its encrypted.. and 2 its too big too handle by that homebrew

how to make your own cheat file..

- download the R4CCC and place the cheat codes you want to use..
- save the file.. and place it to your memory card
- try loading the file again.. it should able to load the cheat file now

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Manually editing cheat XML file

You need:
  • Text Editor
  • Cheat XML file
Guide:

1. Open the cheat XML file in a text editor, and also open a blank document
2. Copy the first two lines from the cheat XML to the blank document, which should read:

CODE

3. Use the search function of the text editor to search for the first game you want to cheat on. Make sure you find the correct region (the four digit code at the start of the "gameid" tag will end in P for PAL games, E for USA games and J for Japanese games). Copy from the line above the name of the game, which says to the line after all the codes which says , for example:

CODE
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂCall Of Duty 4
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂYCOP 0d45e192
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ2007/11/20 16:31
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂInfinite Health
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂDoes not prevent instant death/knockouts
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ6213a4ec 00000000 b213a4ec 00000000 000000b4 00444444
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ

(note: there are often more than one code per game, I chose this example as its short)

4. Paste this into the second document after the two lines already copied
5. (Optional): Repeat steps 3 and 4 to add more games (but don't add too many, or NitroHax will freeze; I advise keeping the end filesize of the XML under 2MB to be on the safe side - you can always have more than one XML, make each one as instructed here)
6. Add the following to the end of the file:

CODE

7. Save the file as cheats.xml and place it at DATA\NitroHax\cheats.xml
8. (Optional) If you have multiple XMLs to fit more games than will fit in one XML, you must name each one differently and place them somewhere on your memory card, and then select the correct one each time you load NitroHax. (Make sure none of them are named cheats.xml)

I hope this helps and isn't too hard to follow.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a