Action Replay for Gamecube backup launcher.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by DarkZBoy, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2009
  1. DarkZBoy
    OP

Newcomer DarkZBoy Member

Canada
    Hi, I wanted to know how to use action replay for gamecube backup launcher.
    I have the backup of a action replay, however I don't have that memory card that comes with it, do I need that? X-X

So, how do I use action replay on my nTSC wii?

With the backup launcher

2. iceedge

Newcomer iceedge Advanced Member

United States
    I am also having trouble getting my Action Replay backup to work correctly. WiiGator's GC backup launcher 0.2 supposedly supports disc switching but whenever I try to switch from Action Replay to the game disc I get a black screen on my tv. Any suggestions?

3. Gamemaster1379

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If you don't have the original Action Replay card, you can get the NuGaSa(or whatever the application with a name similar to that is called) to copy Action Replay data to a 3rd party memory card. It won't work on 1st party memory cards, and I don't know why, but if you have a third party, you're in luck.

As for booting up games, I burned a backup of the AR loader and used Wiigator's 0.2 loader. Boot using the patched MIOS (Which I think is booting by pressing the B button), run the Action replay, select your codes, go to the menu where it asks you to "open the lid" to switch discs. Switch 'em out, and it'll work like a charm. (I tried a backed up AR loader, and an original GCN disc) I've already visited all the beta areas in Zelda Windwaker using this method.

While I'd love to tell you this method works for all GCN games, it doesn't. I own a copy of Super Smash Brothers Melee v1.0, and no matter what booting method I tried, this game refuses to load by disc switching.
    EDIT: I'm sure some of you will be staring at your TV screen for several minutes wondering why it isn't loading. You'll receive a screen from the game in a matter of seconds. So don't try waiting any longer than 30 seconds.
    EDIT2: You can pick up the files to use with NuGaSa at this thread at gscentral Link. This thread also shows a different method to load AR codes without needing a disc--however I never succeeded, and you still need a 3rd party card.

4. kennethroop

Newcomer kennethroop Newbie

United States

i have tried your method but what about those who have an original action replay and a backed up game of legend of zelda windwaker? please help ?.what do i do?

5. Vegeta

Member Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Lets just make this clear, you can't use the Action Replay on backups? The games have to be originals?

6. Dacvak

Member Dacvak GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would DEFINITELY like to know this, as well.

7. nissen22

Newcomer nissen22 Member

United States
    If you download a backup of ar gamecube and press b to select patched mios at start it will work with real and copied games [​IMG]

8. SherlockHolmeboy

Member SherlockHolmeboy GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Wow, way to bring back an old topic!

But even so, that's a pretty weird find. I tried using patched MIOS and it just froze for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.