Hacking Action replay ez with cartridge slot?

MichaelB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
69539115_150471899385474_490845809095083174_n.jpg
51MGLGY1FtL._AC_SY400_MSAWEBPEXP_.jpg

Does anyone know if this exist? The only proof I have found are this images. I do not care but was wondering.

Xanthe

Costco Executive Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, I used to have one of those a WHILE ago. Back in my old days of Pokemon Diamond and Super Mario...

I'm sure you can still find them, if that's what you're wondering.

Last edited by Xanthe,

DeadSkullzJr

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few of these, however they are pretty limited on how many cheats you can hold. First issue is the fact that they use the xml format, which is the most clunkiest and most space consuming cheat database to use. Second issue is the fact they are limited to 2.5MB of cheats, adding too much causes the software to tell you that there isn't enough space for more. Knowing how my databases are these days, you will have fun cutting down a whole cheat list down to a couple or so codes.

The Action Replay DS devices are indeed a nostalgic piece of hardware that regardless of the issues, I still enjoyed. It was a great way to use cheats on physical game carts rather than having to emulate everything to do that. I still think they are pretty cool to use. Flashcarts can use NitroHax too which is basically the equivalent to the Action Replay DS just in digital form, you can still use physical game carts. Flashcarts really blew the devices away though due to the fact that there isn't a limitation on how big the cheat database has to be, plus those use a more optimal database versus the clunky xml mess.

You can still find some of them too, the new ones are around $100+ and the used ones range from $40-$80 used. Personally speaking, I wouldn't invest in one of these now a days when flashcarts do more and cost much less, if you really wanted to use physical game carts, NitroHax fits yours needs. NitroHax is open source as well, so improvements and more potential is there.

Last edited by DeadSkullzJr,
Reactions: MichaelB

MichaelB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have a few of these, however they are pretty limited on how many cheats you can hold. First issue is the fact that they use the xml format, which is the most clunkiest and most space consuming cheat database to use. Second issue is the fact they are limited to 2.5MB of cheats, adding too much causes the software to tell you that there isn't enough space for more. Knowing how my databases are these days, you will have fun cutting down a whole cheat list down to a couple or so codes.

The Action Replay DS devices are indeed a nostalgic piece of hardware that regardless of the issues, I still enjoyed. It was a great way to use cheats on physical game carts rather than having to emulate everything to do that. I still think they are pretty cool to use. Flashcarts can use NitroHax too which is basically the equivalent to the Action Replay DS just in digital form, you can still use physical game carts. Flashcarts really blew the devices away though due to the fact that there isn't a limitation on how big the cheat database has to be, plus those use a more optimal database versus the clunky xml mess.
Thanks for the reply!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0