Action Replay DS Saves to Flashcart and vice versa

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Le Reveur, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Le Reveur
    OP

Le Reveur Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    United States
    I'm pretty sure this question has been asked a million times, but I don't know where to look first.
    Basically I know the Action Replay DS can save progress on actual game flashcarts, so you can post them on the internet. With that in mind, can it do the reverse? Meaning I have a save on pokemon heart gold on my Cyclo DS and I want to transfer my progress to my legitimate Pokemon Heartgold game. I'm thinking I can do that with a Action Replay DS or other type of device.

Tnx in advance, and glad to see this site is running strong as ever.

2. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    action replay max?

something like that. one of them lets you backup your sav into a .duc file.

3. Matt140

Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    England
    If you have an ARDS Media Edition or ARDSi, then you can write saves onto a game cartridge. The only problem is that both devices can only use saves in a custom format (.duc), which .sav's must be converted to. Heres a tool I made to convert to and from .duc files.

Hope it helps,
    Matt.

P.S. Just though I should point out, right now you can't back up and restore saves with a HeartGold or SoulSilver cartidge.

4. basher11

basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

Jun 29, 2009
    United States
    he wants to add his sav from his cyclos to his retail game. not the other way around [​IMG]

5. Matt140

Matt140 GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2009
    England
    It converts both ways [​IMG]

6. Le Reveur
    OP

Le Reveur Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2009
    United States
    thank you so much Matt140, this is exactly what I'm looking for. Help is very much appreciated. Tnx again [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. gameguy95

gameguy95 Needs More Furries!

Banned
    Jan 27, 2009
    United States
    Furrytown
    do you need the special version to back up saves?