Hacking Action Replay DS Media Edition Troubles.

mrsmith76

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got the Action Replay DS Media edition for its media and homebrew support, however, when I power on my DS with the AR, I only get the AR code engine, it doesn't start up saying its the media edition and displays the 3 options (media player, action replay and datamax).

Note: I haven't done any firmware updates, it started in the AR code engine, out of the box.

I'm not sure if there is a trick to it, or there is something wrong with it.

It says the firmware 1.60, I tried a update through Action Replay Code Manager, but it download the firmware.bin and doesn't seem to flash the cart. I think 1.60 is the latest.

Could it be the incorrect firmware from another AR on it? anyone ever had this problem?
hate2.gif

mommabird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi there, i am having the exact same problem--- it's like the firmware for the regular action replay was loaded for the action replay media edition!!!
wacko.gif

have you had any luck troubleshooting???

i'll let you know if i find out anything, going to contact datel...

mrsmith76

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi mommabird,

I just seen your reply, I had no luck on this, and so I did a exchange for another AR Media Edition and guess what? It does the same thing!

I tried contacting Datel, but they just say it's a bad cart. I finally gave up and got the supercard one to play the homebrew games and apps.

I am thinking Datel is loading the wrong firmware on these and not admitting their mistake.

Let me know if you find out anything more.

Thanks!

mommabird

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here was the official datel reply via trouble ticket:

Re: Ticket 1012233, Responded
A new message has been added to the service request #1012233.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the product is malfunctioning. In this case, we recommend consulting the store from which the product was purchased regarding an exchange

i strongly believe there are bad batches of ar media edition carts floating out there and it isn't just an isolated case--- a friend of mine bought an ar media edition from the same seller as i did [amazon reseller] and hers was bad, too!!!
blink.gif

before i could ask for a refund, the amazon seller sent me a replacment which i am 90% sure will have the same problem *groans*
unsure.gif

the only person who received one in working order was another friend who ordered directly from datel!!!

i'll let you know whether the replacement cart works!!!

mrsmith76

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel your pain on this, I went through the same thing you did a few months ago, I can tell you when I put in a ticket with datel as the seller told me, I got the same reply back from them.

I also got mine from someone on amazon, which I regret, that is what I get for trying to save money! I wonder if its the same seller. I only had the option to exchange, and the seller send me another bad cart.
frown.gif

Hopefully you have better luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: 80% is nintendrones