Gaming ACNL:Welcome Amiibo 1.5 missing logo in home menu and corrupted save data

Sony98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hi guys,
after some years of pause, i decided to bring my New3DSXL back to life.
Everything works so far. Latest Luma+Rosalina, Checkpoint, JKSM, Godmode9 via B9S Chainloader etc...And the stargate 3ds card with some dumped legid roms from my cards.
Some years ago i played as well Animal Crossing new leaf. In this time i sometimes used gateway cheat codes to create some more money, nothing else.
Worked perfekt for a long time. Met online with my friends, downloaded the 1.5 amiibo update and played a long time again. Online with friends and offline.

But then i got the stargate card. ACNL worked well so far, because its a card2 game, i didnt need to transfer saves. On other games i had to transfer my gateway game saves to the stargate card(same as SKY3ds).

But now...there is a little problem.
After starting my ACNL on my stargate, everything worked well. Then i installed the 1.5 Amiibo update via the eshop, and it worked good. But after a view more restarts, it suddenly says: Your game data is currupted and needs to be deleted.
I thought hmmm...i always have a backup of the rom on my pc, so my save data is save. Lets try it again with deleting Update and Extdata of ACNL etc, make everything new with another procedure.
But..it didnt work. After some restarts again the error message of corrupted save data.

I also noticed that the logo of the rom in 3ds main menu doesnt have the red `welcome amiibo` banner included.
Thats really strange, because the update is installed and inside the game everything looks updated.

I thought the game logo in home menu changes automatically, if the update is installed. No matter if its a game card or a installed cia.
Maybe that is corrupting the saves.

Does anyone know anything what i can do now? And did anyone noticed the missing ´welcome amiibo´ banner in their home menu too, if you have an older retail game version itself?

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim
D

Deleted User

Re-dump the 3DS file and SAV file from the cart, delete the update and extdata, and then re-download the update from the eShop. If it still doesn't work, you could always try installing it to your SD Card as a CIA.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi guys,
after some years of pause, i decided to bring my New3DSXL back to life.
Everything works so far. Latest Luma+Rosalina, Checkpoint, JKSM, Godmode9 via B9S Chainloader etc...And the stargate 3ds card with some dumped legid roms from my cards.
Some years ago i played as well Animal Crossing new leaf. In this time i sometimes used gateway cheat codes to create some more money, nothing else.
Worked perfekt for a long time. Met online with my friends, downloaded the 1.5 amiibo update and played a long time again. Online with friends and offline.

But then i got the stargate card. ACNL worked well so far, because its a card2 game, i didnt need to transfer saves. On other games i had to transfer my gateway game saves to the stargate card(same as SKY3ds).

But now...there is a little problem.
After starting my ACNL on my stargate, everything worked well. Then i installed the 1.5 Amiibo update via the eshop, and it worked good. But after a view more restarts, it suddenly says: Your game data is currupted and needs to be deleted.
I thought hmmm...i always have a backup of the rom on my pc, so my save data is save. Lets try it again with deleting Update and Extdata of ACNL etc, make everything new with another procedure.
But..it didnt work. After some restarts again the error message of corrupted save data.

I also noticed that the logo of the rom in 3ds main menu doesnt have the red `welcome amiibo` banner included.
Thats really strange, because the update is installed and inside the game everything looks updated.

I thought the game logo in home menu changes automatically, if the update is installed. No matter if its a game card or a installed cia.
Maybe that is corrupting the saves.

Does anyone know anything what i can do now? And did anyone noticed the missing ´welcome amiibo´ banner in their home menu too, if you have an older retail game version itself?
That is the secure value acting out. You need to create a new save but keep the current one. After getting the save from the new file, you need to hex edit the secure value which is the first 15 bytes of the save file. You will replace those bytes from the current save with the old save. Inject the old save and load up the game. Since the secure value will match that time, the game will take the save file and load it without hassle.

Sony98

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo...
looks like everything is working fine now.

I dumped a ACNL card from a friend, which has the welcome amiibo update already included.
Then, i changed the header to my old one via gateway rom patcher and moved the rom to the stargate flashcard.
Now, the red welcome amiibo banner is visible in the home menu!

Then i just used the game internal save transfer option, to move my old map to the new game.:D
Worked fine.
Nothing changed, nothing extracted at PC.

Started the game without an update or any external data on sd card, aaand: save is corrupted.
I thought: hmm... lets close and try it again.
Tried again aaand...it worked fine.
External data were created automatically.

I repeated that 2 times. Every second time after restart it sayed save is corrupted. But after a restart it worked fine.

Downloaded a very little 1.5 Update from eshop. (No Idea why, i thought welcome amiibo came with the 1.5 Update, the Version number didnt changed!)
Started ACNL and it worked...
I tried it now many times again with changing some items etc inside the game and it looks like it works perfekt.

I guess, the save error happens at the point where i save the game. It tooks 2 secondes until the game says: Saved successfully.
After that, it goes back to the ACNL Main screen.

I think now my mistake was that i went back to the home menu too early and closed the game.
Maybe it need some more seconds, to save the game correctly to the rom, no matter if it says: Saved successfully.

In the past there were save errors at other games too, for example Hyrule warriors legends, or Xenoblade chronicles.
But in this cases, luma showed an error code.
The reason was a too slow sd card in the stargate! Because the game saves are all on the stargates micro sd!

Last edited by Sony98,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P +1