ROM Hack Discussion ACNH Build your own Treasure island

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have seen A LOT of people asking for a treasure island save for ACNH, and the map sharing thread its mostly dead for one reason:
MOST PEOPLE WONT SHARE THEIR MAPS, BECAUSE SELLERS WILL USE THEM

Im not gonna critizice them or say they are right, it up to a personal opinion of each person. so in this case we are gonna build our own treasure islands, or at least we are gonna get the gist of it.

To make it work we will need at least 2 programs:
JKSV
NHSE

https://dev.azure.com/project-pokemon/NHSE/_build?definitionId=16

1. Make a back up of your save on switch with JKSV and send it to pc to start working

2. Open NHSE on your pc and look for the main file on the folder you just copied

3. On NHSE go to:
  • Edit player
  • Edit storage*
*Why storage and not edit items? Because we can make a list of 50,000 items on storage and 40 on items
eObSpKR.jpg

4. Start filling the spaces with the items that do you want (change count number to select variants) and check "Wrapped" if you want them as gifts (also make sure to remember to check color)
cIUOuWA.jpg
  • Dont wrap fish/bugs/trees/and that kind of stuff because it will turn into a tree branch (nintendo patched that)
  • If you want to spawn diy search (DIY recipe)
cfLWAiL.jpg

5. Once you have eveything ready to be dropped, press "dump" to make a .NHI file (its what we will use next)

6. go to the main page of nhse and select "Map - Edit map - Edit Field Items"
Z1NI1zy.jpg

7. Once we have our map ready to be filled with treasures, lets start.
rGz7SYA.jpg

8.Choose where you want to start spawning your items, by moving the red square on the map editor to the acre we want to fill (in my case i like to start from the top left corner)

9. Press "Remove items - Spawn - Spawn from NHI"
  • Count means how many times the nhi will be spawned
NqmWHYH.jpg

EMSBjMQ.jpg
10. Fill the island at your discretion, save and restore on your switch to check how it looks like

This tutorial its a little rough, it might need a little affination here and there, but the main idea its there. feel free to comment or add something you feel it could make it more useful.

Added some NHI files with customized themes, let me know if there its something missing

Attachments

• NHI files.rar
    6.6 KB · Views: 819
Last edited by Xjackio,

froggyleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there! I'm very new to modding the switch. I haven't really loaded any CFW yet, just got everything set up (system files backed up, emuMMC created, atmosphere successfully launched on emuMMC all using fusee-gelee, I also set a custom DNS on the emuMMC to prevent telemetry being sent to Nintendo)

How can I prevent being banned? Do I use the emuMMC for running JKSV, and then load the game on the sysMMC? Do I have to transfer the save data between emuMMC and sysMMC?

Is it okay to host my "treasure island" online, or can I only do local play? Can I still post a Dream Address after hacking? (Assuming I don't make my island "look" hacked ex. Harvey's fence, the infamous (and now patched) star trees, etc)

I hope this isn't too many questions... and thank you so much for this informative thread!!

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi there! I'm very new to modding the switch. I haven't really loaded any CFW yet, just got everything set up (system files backed up, emuMMC created, atmosphere successfully launched on emuMMC all using fusee-gelee, I also set a custom DNS on the emuMMC to prevent telemetry being sent to Nintendo)

How can I prevent being banned? Do I use the emuMMC for running JKSV, and then load the game on the sysMMC? Do I have to transfer the save data between emuMMC and sysMMC?

Is it okay to host my "treasure island" online, or can I only do local play? Can I still post a Dream Address after hacking? (Assuming I don't make my island "look" hacked ex. Harvey's fence, the infamous (and now patched) star trees, etc)

I hope this isn't too many questions... and thank you so much for this informative thread!!
By the fact you have a modded switch a ban is a probability if you go online. Thats for sure, but that doesnt mean as soon you go online you get banned, its just a chance.

To lower the chance of ban only use legal games, no roms downloaded.

In my case im running cfw online with a legal copy of the game, and no illegal game.

You can upload your treasure island you either need:
A) one switch modded and one non cfw switch, transfer the modded profile/island with the app and thats a safe choice
B) Go online with your cfw and host it.

You can host your dream without problem

froggyleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the fact you have a modded switch a ban is a probability if you go online. Thats for sure, but that doesnt mean as soon you go online you get banned, its just a chance.

To lower the chance of ban only use legal games, no roms downloaded.

In my case im running cfw online with a legal copy of the game, and no illegal game.

You can upload your treasure island you either need:
A) one switch modded and one non cfw switch, transfer the modded profile/island with the app and thats a safe choice
B) Go online with your cfw and host it.

You can host your dream without problem

i have a physical copy of animal crossing on my newly "hacked" switch and a digital copy on my other switch (which is unable to be modded)

I'm not sure how to transfer the modded profile to the other switch? if that's what you're saying?

And what do you mean by "going online with your cfw and host it"? do you not need to take any precautions with creating a treasure island (such as emuMMC)?

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i have a physical copy of animal crossing on my newly "hacked" switch and a digital copy on my other switch (which is unable to be modded)

I'm not sure how to transfer the modded profile to the other switch? if that's what you're saying?

And what do you mean by "going online with your cfw and host it"? do you not need to take any precautions with creating a treasure island (such as emuMMC)?
I didnt create a emmuMMC (honestly i was going rambo XD)
And just to be safe dont use illegal games, as far as i know thats the biggest protection.
And this is the app i was talking about

Vie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
how to go online with cfw switch with legal game? (if i buy the cartridge game) and i want to go online.. can you tell me the steps? (as far as i know, i cant go to eshop to buy online membership) thank you

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
how to go online with cfw switch with legal game? (if i buy the cartridge game) and i want to go online.. can you tell me the steps? (as far as i know, i cant go to eshop to buy online membership) thank you
I just played normally, you can buy a digital copy on pc, just dont use any nsp game or a pirate game, thats all i did

DaMegaTaco

Trophies
Website
nookazon.com
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I just laid them all out by hand... It comes out much cleaner and you can arrange stuff the way you want while laying down paths correctly. I will share some tips on using the NHSE better

Shift+left click changes the tile to the terrain/item selected while alt+left click deletes it

When you want to place roads that connect place the road piece 80A for whatever type of tile you choose... If you want to make 1x2, 2x1, 2x2, 3x3, 2x3, 3x2, etc tiles that do not connect to similar road pieces next to it then use the island designer tool in game to make the paths before saving and extracting so that you can make a legend/key of which tile needs to be what to connect to the correct adjacent squares while avoiding connecting to ones you do not want

Use (item #5656) with the count changed to the number digits for the HEX associated with the item that you can find on one of the many item lists available.

To place items as is leave flag0 as is or go up one number at a time to rotate the item if needed... To place an item as a dropped item change flag0 to 20. This works with fish and critters without any extra work, but to get stacks of flower materials you need to place 10 of the flowers with flag0 set to 20, pick them up, drop them, extract the save, use NHSE to clone the 10 stack, and then one last time go in game and pick up each 10 stack and drop them again.

To make a flatland map change the acres A & F acres 0-6 as well as B, C, D, & E acres 0 & 6 to flat-0 where if any other beyond that are changed it will created glitched areas between the edge of the visible map to the ocean barrier that is meant to be the water tiles between the beach and perimeter fencing.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but this is about the most useful advice I wish I had before I figured it out on my own.

Edit: It took me about a week to gets 3/4 done

Last edited by DaMegaTaco,
Reactions: BiggieCheese91

Vie

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I just played normally, you can buy a digital copy on pc, just dont use any nsp game or a pirate game, thats all i did
so.. can you explained to me how "to go online with CFW and host it" in ANCH? because honestly i dont understand it.. because all i know is CFW Switch cant go online (cant go to eshop)..

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
so.. can you explained to me how "to go online with CFW and host it" in ANCH? because honestly i dont understand it.. because all i know is CFW Switch cant go online (cant go to eshop)..
You can go online with a mod switch, as long you dont have pirate games, obviously there might be some risk, but whats the point of having a mod switch that cant install nsp or go online?
If its banned nothing will change, since you dont go online for fear of getting banned

EllaRose1111

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello. I am wondering why i don't have a "switch" folder on my SD card... all i have is one named "Nintendo". I also downloanded JKSV but it comes up as "JKSV-Master" as the folder, is that right? or did i download the wrong thing? Another question, how do i make a backup of my game with JKSV on my switch? JKSV doesn't show up when i turn my switch on

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello. I am wondering why i don't have a "switch" folder on my SD card... all i have is one named "Nintendo". I also downloanded JKSV but it comes up as "JKSV-Master" as the folder, is that right? or did i download the wrong thing? Another question, how do i make a backup of my game with JKSV on my switch? JKSV doesn't show up when i turn my switch on
Are you using atmosphere or sxos?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: