ROM Hack Discussion ACNH Build your own Treasure island

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been working on modding my switch/setting up my treasure island and i'm finally in the final forms of just placing my items down and mapping it out, but what is the easiest way to reset after people visit island? is it just to reload the save or is there another method I'm not grasping? also, I'm not sure if I missed it but is there an easier way to mass place a bunch of items at once, or is the only easy method going through individually and placing them?

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been working on modding my switch/setting up my treasure island and i'm finally in the final forms of just placing my items down and mapping it out, but what is the easiest way to reset after people visit island? is it just to reload the save or is there another method I'm not grasping? also, I'm not sure if I missed it but is there an easier way to mass place a bunch of items at once, or is the only easy method going through individually and placing them?
To respawn island you can use poker or mobile spawner to freeze the map and it will auto.refill, i made a post about dropping stuff, i will check and post here
Post in thread 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- NHSE Map Sharing Thread' https://gbatemp.net/threads/animal-crossing-new-horizons-nhse-map-sharing-thread.561879/post-9653727

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To respawn island you can use poker or mobile spawner to freeze the map and it will auto.refill, i made a post about dropping stuff, i will check and post here
Post in thread 'Animal Crossing: New Horizons -- NHSE Map Sharing Thread
thank you so much!

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've been actively trying to work on the island, but whenever I save it seems to not be saving, and just resorting back to original save I made when i started up the game. any suggestions?

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i've been actively trying to work on the island, but whenever I save it seems to not be saving, and just resorting back to original save I made when i started up the game. any suggestions?
Did you select the upper section and select save?
Not just on map editor

Mahesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to guess you are saving on the map tab, and not on the main island tab. After making changes, save on the map tab, close map tab, then on the window where it shows your avatar face, save there as well

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you select the upper section and select save?
Not just on map editor
Yes, i ensured to save on the map editor and in the main screen with the confirmation window several times, but I just loaded up the island and it's still at the before edit state.

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't see any other saves other than the original one I made last night when I first started.
Lets.go by steps
Make a jksv backup
Send to pc
Edit on nhse
Save on map editor
Save on main nhse page (edit - save i think)
Send to jksv - animal crossing folder on sd
Open jksv on switch
Restore save
Open game to check everything works

Mahesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normally you jksv a save, copy that over to pc, edit in nhse, save, copy new save back to sd card, then jksv restore the new save. Using ftp or other solutions can save you time on getting stuff to/from the sd card.
edit - i'm always a second late lol, Xjackio on the ball :)

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know where I went wrong. I missed a step and was thinking it was saving to the SD card when I was saving, not to my file on the desktop. I was a step ahead of myself! Thanks so much for the guidance.

Yup i just restored it and its there!

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nevermind I lied. we aren't quite there yet. I see it in JKSV. I clicked restore, it says it restored but when I open the game it's still the old save.

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
nevermind I lied. we aren't quite there yet. I see it in JKSV. I clicked restore, it says it restored but when I open the game it's still the old save.
Crop the folder from the jksv folder on sd and paste on pc
Edit
Copy pc folder and paste on sd
Restore

acnhnoob

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crop the folder from the jksv folder on sd and paste on pc
Edit
Copy pc folder and paste on sd
Restore
Just did those steps.
I see it on JKSV, under device.
I clicked restore, it made a new auto-device- save.
I closed out of there and went to AC, booted it up and still old island save.
I'm using a digital version of animal crossing, would it be saving elsewhere that I need to over write?

Xjackio

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just did those steps.
I see it on JKSV, under device.
I clicked restore, it made a new auto-device- save.
I closed out of there and went to AC, booted it up and still old island save.
I'm using a digital version of animal crossing, would it be saving elsewhere that I need to over write?
Im.at work and can do anything yet,.once i go back home i will help you, i also have a digital.copy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either