Hardware acidmods.com

davePM

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if anyone has been ripped off by these guys?

A very good friend of mine got well and truly ripped off by them. When he tried to rectify it via their forums, the admin/mods really didnt care and flamed him to pieces. They also removed any trace of threads that he made, none were offensive or flaming, just trying to find out what was happening. My friend did nothing wrong, except trust his cash to these scammers, the situation could have been easily rectified, but acidmods just didnt give a s...

Just wondering if this is the usual attitude of acidmods.com, or a one off experience.

Anyone else used them and been ripped off?

Anyone thinking of using them should probably find somewhere else.

Dave

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I think you just dealt with a bad guy.
A friend of mine was a global mod, and I was a forum mod for them for a little while (before some drama happened, that made him leave, which meant I had no big reason to stick with 'em), and the time I spent there, I can confirm they're okay, the admins all know what they're doing, but they're very dumb. I remember one guy was convinced he could replace a PSPs UMD Drive with a hard drive, then hook it up via USB and use it to load ISOs. People who understood it explained why he was wrong, so he took that information, took the only (expensive, I'll add) method we could think of that WOULD work, then claimed his original method worked. Lots of things like that happen.
So, don't deal with anyone there except for Global Moderators or higher, is my personal opinion. I know all the admins are okay, but yeah.

moddman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funny, I never had any issues with them, I bought some chips from wired input in january. I think it was a guy named mikeking or kingmike something like that. I had some issues with an order from deal extreme one time, and modchipdepot another, I will never buy from either of them again. LLamma is a turst worthy shop. and like I said, I never had problems with acidmods

jimdean

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Acidmods Store ... Another Customer rip off
swordfish619
(No subject)
« Sent to: ******** on: November 28, 2009, 09:33:53 PM »

Hello, I was reading your post about kingmike. I am having the same problem with him. I placed an order with king mike about 6 mos ago for 50 wireless xbox 360 controllers. He told me that i would have them a wk later. Mike has ignored most of my messages. When th e new store opend again we were able to get a hold of him. He told us that he would send us I believe about 50 intensafire kits. He never shipped them. I have about 4 pages saved with conversations between him and I and all his lies that he told us. Long story short I don't think mike will ever make good on his word.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...