Hardware acer predator xb271hu vs asus pg279q

Inukami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't decide between these two. i've seen a lot of issues in regards to blb with the asus when it first came out but i'm not sure if it's been fixed. which one would you say is a better buy?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the Asus ROG in every regard, just compared to the price difference between them. Why do you need a monitor that costs more than my entire computer, though?

Inukami

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It looks like the Asus ROG in every regard, just compared to the price difference between them. Why do you need a monitor that costs more than my entire computer, though?

well i want to play in 1440p and something that's a bit higher than 60hz refresh rate and it has to be IPS. Oh yeah and i have an nvidia card(1080). The only monitors with a refresh rate above 60hz that are ips and 1440p are 144-165hz? I don't think even a 1080 can match its fps to 144-165hz so i would get tearing/stuttering which would mean i would need g-sync.

Last edited by Inukami,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i want to play in 1440p and something that's a bit higher than 60hz refresh rate and it has to be IPS. Oh yeah and i have an nvidia card(1080). The only monitors with a refresh rate above 60hz that are ips and 1440p are 144-165hz? I don't think even a 1080 can play at 144-165hz so i would get tearing/stuttering which would mean i would need g-sync.
Fair enough. As I said, if you're willing to shell out the cash, I'd go for the Asus one

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd go with whichever is cheaper.

It's the same panel in both. QC on that panel is still shocking (dead pixels etc). Both Asus and Acer have also been complete trainwrecks with the QC on their high refresh IPS monitors. Both have awful RMAs, Asus will just give you someone else's return and Acer are just shit.

Both are great if you get a good one and a shitshow if you don't. So if you're going to run the risk, may as well be with the cheaper option.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
i just really wish amd could have come out with GPUs better than what the 400 series has to offer. Then i wouldn't have to pay a premium for gsync.
Supposedly they will come out with better, but they released the mid-ranged model first to appeal to as much of the market as possible before they push the specs for the niche market of enthusiast gamers. It's their new strategy instead of underwhelming compared to nVidia every year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night