Status
Not open for further replies.

thehatergator

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i was booting windows 10 with a flash drive it was isntalling until i saw a error saying that the installlation was corrupted is their a way to fix it

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
how do i check for that

Usually I use either “chkdsk (drive letter): /r” from the command prompt or the hdd manufacturers utility for a hdd.

For an ssd I usually just use the ssd manufacturers utility, but I’ve never needed to test outside of windows.

I would also try a different usb drive to install from just in case an use a different usb port as well, likely the quickest option to test first.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I would also check where you got the Windows image from for the USB. A bad image or a bad USB drive is bound to run into issues.

Then I would also check if you’re installing the correct version of Windows (although I think you would get different errors if this is the case). Specifically, if you’re installing legacy Windows onto a MBR formatted drive, or UEFI Windows onto a GPT formatted drive (and if the USB was formatted correctly for this).

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Test the flash drive with h2testw. Format it before running the test.
2. Test the hard drive with Crystal Disk Info or any HDD testing utility that lets you run an extended S.M.A.R.T. test. A format is NOT needed before running the test, but be safe and back up your data anyway.
3. Test the RAM with Memtest86+

I would run all three of these tests before doing anything else.

Last edited by ChiefReginod,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a laptop that wouldn't install ANY version of windows due to the SATA AHCI drivers being non-existent, so I took the drive out, slaved it to my PC, and installed the OS to the drive with Rufus as a Windows To Go installation. Then it booted up just fine and finished the installation. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol