Hacking AceKard's response to EU compatibility.

JoyConG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I emailed them.

Me: acekard 2i not compatible with EU dsi. This has been said. If its true is this the type of thing that can be fixed with a firmware update or should I not get my hopes up?

..And AceKard responds a few days later.

"Hi
Yes, we've heard about the rumors too. But we do not know until we get the EUR/NA DSi. If it's true we'll work on it.
But you can find that there's no any pictures or videos to vertify it. There's a new with pictures what AK2i can work on AUS DSi. So we do not know anything until the release day.
http://www.ozmodchips.com/news/march-april-news-a-32.html
http://www.gbatemp.net/
Thanks."

So, this could be good news. Figured I post it here.

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow news flash - if they dont try and make it work they get no money now please tell me why you are surprised at their answer?

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
jabjab said:
wow news flash - if they dont try and make it work they get no money now please tell me why you are surprised at their answer?
It sure as hell surprised me, because as someone who is only marginally interested in that topic I took it for granted that someone actually tried loading Acekard 2i on a European DSi. Now it looks like that's just an unsubstantiated rumor to me.

You can stop acting like a complete ass now.

JoyConG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jabjab said:
Thanks for asking SO kindly- The point of the email is that there is a chance that this could be all rumors! They claim just to wait until they themselves get their hands on the model. Of course they'll work on it if it isn't compatible; thats common sense. But you can also draw that it is also "possible" to create a firmware update from them saying they could work on it. It's also good to hear for those who won't get anything other than EU DSi. I'm getting a US one, so I thought hey, why not put this up for those that may be interested? It's not so much I'm surprised...

Take some time to read and gather what you can from the response as opposed to just pulling out the obvious.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why people are even bothering with the AK2i. It's almost entirely useless as you can only use it in DS mode and the exploit it uses was bound to be patched. The AceKard team KNEW this and has said so. They just wanted to get the flash cart in the hands of people ASAP. When there is a REAL exploit (as in one that will run in DSi mode), AceKard will have to release an all new flash cart (unless the exploit is an SD exploit which it likely will be, thereby making physical flash carts obsolete).

Also, the fact that the AK2i is working on an Aus DSi has been reported previously and was (and still is) on the front page.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Beware said:
I don't know why people are even bothering with the AK2i. It's almost entirely useless as you can only use it in DS mode and the exploit it uses was bound to be patched. The AceKard team KNEW this and has said so. They just wanted to get the flash cart in the hands of people ASAP. When there is a REAL exploit (as in one that will run in DSi mode), AceKard will have to release an all new flash cart (unless the exploit is an SD exploit which it likely will be, thereby making physical flash carts obsolete).

Also, the fact that the AK2i is working on an Aus DSi has been reported previously and was (and still is) on the front page.
Because most people want to play DS games, not DSiware on the DSi, so need a flashcard to do so.

When there is a new exploit found that allows DSiware, that'll be great. But we have no idea how long that could take. (Soft-hacking the wii took a long time to achieve usefulness, and hard-modding a DSi is fairly improbable)

jabjab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendude92 said:
jabjab said:
Thanks for asking SO kindly- The point of the email is that there is a chance that this could be all rumors! They claim just to wait until they themselves get their hands on the model. Of course they'll work on it if it isn't compatible; thats common sense. But you can also draw that it is also "possible" to create a firmware update from them saying they could work on it. It's also good to hear for those who won't get anything other than EU DSi. I'm getting a US one, so I thought hey, why not put this up for those that may be interested? It's not so much I'm surprised...

Take some time to read and gather what you can from the response as opposed to just pulling out the obvious.
sorry i dont agree.
You are getting to excited about basically nothing.
All they say is 'we haven't a clue' and 'if we can fix it we will if we cant we wont' and 'wait and see'
You are reading way too much into a completely sensible reply which promises nothing other than them trying to fix if they can so they can get more cash as i said above.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Beware said:
I don't know why people are even bothering with the AK2i. It's almost entirely useless as you can only use it in DS mode and the exploit it uses was bound to be patched. The AceKard team KNEW this and has said so.

i do agree the game code exploit will be patched, i disagree on your knowledge of team acekard. one thing the team will never do is openly state that there is a problem with any of their kits. no, instead you get replies and comments like "we make good product." until you can post a link that points to them actually saying this, it remains your personal interpretation.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself