Acekard2i not recognizing all games on 8GB TF card?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by mcgirkz, Jan 8, 2011.

1. mcgirkz
    OP

Newcomer mcgirkz Newbie

Canada
    I have an Acekard2i with an 8GB trans flash card.. My problem is the game show on the TF in My Computer on my desktop, but on the DSi, i have a few games that show icons and the majority of the list the game but display no icon, and when you try to run of those games, it locks up on a white screen..

I have tried putting the games (196 in total) into separate folders of 50 per, but does not work.. I had to do this with an iEdge card to be able to read all the games, but did not work w/ the Acekard2i..

any suggestions?

thanks

2. Legaia

Banned Legaia Banned

Brazil
  3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The ones with a lack of an icon sound corrupted. If you transferred all the games at once in bulk the SD reader might have overheated and started corrupting the data, it happens with the cheap ones they send with flash carts.

It's also a possibility that your SD card is fake. You didn't buy it from ebay or some such site, did you?

4. mcgirkz
    OP

Newcomer mcgirkz Newbie

Canada
    thanks for the replies..

I actually formatted several times. and tried various ways of adding the games to the TF.. the last way was 25 at a time.. still same result.. i bought 2 acekard2i's from consolesource.com... i will never go back there.. not because of this issue, but for may others.. brutal!!

i have tried flashing the TF's in another card (iedge) and have no problems. i did have 2 make 3 separate game folders in order for all games to be recognized on the iedge, but they work..

I'm wondering if certain cards are no good with large TF memory??

I'll give the paper trick a try and see what happens

thank you

5. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    8 GB is not really big. I use 16 GB with Akaio and never had any problem.

6. mcgirkz
    OP

Newcomer mcgirkz Newbie

Canada
    i guess the cards are corrupted.. i forgot to add that i had bought 2.. tried swapping the the tf memory with different carts.. no luck.. i hate consolesource

7. Clookster

Banned Clookster Your Clookster

Switzerland
    You can get the best and cheapest mSD cards at Amazon, at least in Europe that's the case.

8. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    What firmware are you using?

9. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I'd say to check that your copies are clean.

[​IMG] If you see this icon, then most likely your copies are bad/corrupted or otherwise unreadable.
    If they work on another card, it's possible that the other card is ignoring something that is failing.
    For example, if you trim the version of my MapleStory DS game with a ROM trimmer it clips some information from the end. It works fine on my R4 (I think with Wood), but fails to load on AKAIO. It's not AKAIOs fault, it's a bad copy of the game. That the R4 runs it means it's not checking for problems.

You can verify your copies are clean by checking the CRC32 against the database over at AdvanScene (make sure to tick the NDS box!).
    To find the CRCs of your files, I would suggest using HashCheck. It's tiny, fast, simple and unobtrusive -- it sits on a tab in the Properties window (right click on a file -> Properties -> Checksums) and it works flawlessly on Windows XP/Vista/7.

I should note that this will NOT work if your copies of the games are trimmed.
    While trimming doesn't change or remove any information from the game, the junk data removed it still data that is taken into account by checksum programs.

10. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    It actually depends on what mSD reader you're using, if you're using a shit generic one, there's a possibility it corrupted something.

Try copying them over one by one with ~3-5 minute gaps in between transfers.