Homebrew Acekard2i icon won't show on my DS lite menu

Karasueatyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my Acekard2i a few months ago. I don't remember what day, but it was around July. I used it for my DSi. Then around August, I updated my DSi because I wanted to see what games were out. I wasn't aware that the update would block my acekard, so I updated it and it wouldn't play anymore. Then I decided to give my DSi to my niece cause I'd rather buy a new DS than a bunch of DS games. So I bought a DSL off of ebay. It was the Diamond and Pearl edition. And now I got my DSL today and then I tried using my acekard2i on it, it didn't work. It doesn't show the icon for the Acekard. I tried updating it, but that didn't work either.

Can anyone help me please? I really need to find out what's wrong with it since I promised my niece that I'd give her my DSi.

Escape

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you do realize that there's a fix for the AK2i?
just give the DSL to your niece and keep the DSi
tongue.gif

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...which is why you never trust ebay.

But anyway, try to coax the card's contacts together with the DSL's. A slip of paper should do the trick.

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
oo..u made a big mistake giving away your dsi away
u shudev updated your ak b4 u updated your dsi but i understand u didnt know
i think ur card is bricked now tho since it doesnt even work on the ds lite, but just to make sure tape your card to make it thicker so that it touches the dsl contacts

Karasueatyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
i think ur card is bricked now tho since it doesnt even work on the ds lite, but just to make sure tape your card to make it thicker so that it touches the dsl contacts

Well the thing is, that the ak shows up on the dsi menu but not on the dsl. And I tried putting a card of a yugioh card on the acekard where the sticker is placed, but it still doesn't show up. I'm gonna update the acekard for the DSi, but I'm wondering now if I can update the acekard using a friends dsl since i don't know anyone with a dsi.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

uh... the sticker is a piece of paper...
do you really think it's going to suddenly change to yugioh?

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Karasueatyou said:
anaxs said:

Well the thing is, that the ak shows up on the dsi menu but not on the dsl. And I tried putting a card of a yugioh card on the acekard where the sticker is placed, but it still doesn't show up. I'm gonna update the acekard for the DSi, but I'm wondering now if I can update the acekard using a friends dsl since i don't know anyone with a dsi.

Ummmm......... That's.... Smart? Okay... Don't you really think that someone could have obviously come up with changing the sticker if it worked
tongue.gif
? Which Update did you use. The DSi labeled one or the DS lite labeled one? You're supposed to use the DSi labeled one.

Karasueatyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nadoon said:
Karasueatyou said:
anaxs said:

Ummmm......... That's.... Smart? Okay... Don't you really think that someone could have obviously come up with changing the sticker if it worked
tongue.gif
? Which Update did you use. The DSi labeled one or the DS lite labeled one? You're supposed to use the DSi labeled one.

what? lol no i didn't change the sitcker lol i just put the yugioh card there so when i put the cartridge in, the contacts are closer. but it still doesnt work. and I wanna use the dsi labeled one cause its safer for me to do that since the acekard already appears on the screen lol. but i'm wondering if i can update it with the dsi labeled thingy on another ds lite (that I don't own)

anaxs

got milk, got candy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
well then im guessing the contacts in your dsl are messed up
try a different game on your dsl to c if it works
if not then im not sure wats rong since it works on the dsi and not the dsl

Karasueatyou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anaxs said:
well then im guessing the contacts in your dsl are messed up
try a different game on your dsl to c if it works
if not then im not sure wats rong since it works on the dsi and not the dsl

ok @-@ so i found out that my acekard doesn't work on mine or my friends ds lite. i'm guessing i messed something up on the acekard since it only shows up on my dsi. i'll just go and buy another acekard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte