Hacking Acekard2i fix for DSi 1.4.4u

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine updated their DSi to the latest firmware, without knowing about the consequences it would have on their Acekard. Has a fix for this been released yet? I have a DS Lite if an older model DS is needed to fix the firmware issue.

Edit: I applied the fix, but hit start again instead of shutting it off completely, so now the Acekard2i starts up with a white screen with or without the MicroSD card inside. Is there any way to fix this?

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Made a bit of a mistake. I downloaded the update, ran it, then instead of shutting it off I hit start to update it again, then quickly shut it off in the middle. Now the Acekard won't start up and the screen just goes white. Any way to fix this?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
You'll need an original DS or DS Lite and another flash cart.

1 - Put the other flash cart in and run the "DSL" version of the update file.
2 - Take the other flash cart out.
3 - Put the messed-up Acekard 2i in.
4 - Tell it to apply the update, so it fixes the cart.

No you cannot do this with a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS (they prevent cart swapping), and yes you do need another cart (as the one you have now will not boot).

Monochrome Twist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need an original DS or DS Lite and another flash cart.

1 - Put the other flash cart in and run the "DSL" version of the update file.
2 - Take the other flash cart out.
3 - Put the messed-up Acekard 2i in.
4 - Tell it to apply the update, so it fixes the cart.

No you cannot do this with a DSi, DSi XL, or 3DS (they prevent cart swapping), and yes you do need another cart (as the one you have now will not boot).
; 0; You're a live saver. Thanks!

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
please read the stickies and stop making repetitive topics! You could have also used the search feature and found your answer! this same question has also been answered numerous times in the Ask! section.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/326237-how-to-update-the-ak2i-bootloader/

i'm sure what i just typed came off as sounding upset, and that is because i'm rather appalled at the actions of new members. they seem to feel that the rules, guidelines, and practices of an established community do not apply to them. there is a reason we stickie topics, it is so you can find answers without having to make a post. we do this because in some cases the answers to certain questions are cut-and-dry, clear-as-day, etc. that simple answer that will work in 99.9% of cases as then been collected and sticked for your reading pleasure. it saves you time, saves use time, and makes the entire experience more enjoyable for all.

You lucked out this time because we made it 6 posts in before this was pointed out. usually its 1 post in that someone is telling you to use the search feature or check the stickies.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins