Hacking Acekard2i Fake/Clone now what? (ezbuy365.com)

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE Apr 18th: Quick summary. Got two clone Acekard2i from ezbuy365. They sent me replacement "real" ones. I don't think they knew they were clones. Thank you ezbuy365.

I bought two Acekard2i from ezbuy365.com and I am pretty sure they are clones. Let me tell you what I have done so far.

I do have one working Acekard2i which I got from somewhere else (using AKAIO 1.8.6a ). So that is the microSD card I have been using with the “Fake” Acekard2i. So any problems having to do with the SD card can be ruled out.

When I first got the Acekard2i I put the SD card in and put the Acekard2i in my DSi. Turned it on and saw “Alex Rider”. Click “A” and got this message, “An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.”

I tried the same suspected fake Acekard2i in a DS Lite (v5 – magenta screen color). I got an error message but can’t remember what that one said. UPDATE: See the fourth post.

I read that if it is a fake to try the official firmware. So I put the 4.23 on the SD card. The one from Acekard download page.

I put the Acekard2i back in the DS Lite and it worked sorta. I was able to see the games in my games folder but most of them didn’t work. I then tried the Acekard2i in the DSi and got the same error message as before, “An error has occurred. Press…”.

Next, I decided I would try to flash one of the Acekard2i because maybe it didn’t have the latest 1.4.1 fix or whatever it is. So I followed the instructions from the n00b guide. Got the blue screen loaded and it said “Update is done, reboot DS”. Okay, I thought I had made progress. Well the one card I tried to flash I can’t get the DS or DSi to recognize it with either AKAIO or 4.23. I even did the “Paper Trick” thinking it wasn’t reading the card. No luck. I think that card is completely screwed (aka Bad Flash?).

http://www.acekard.com/news.php#106
According to these images the two cards do not have the pin hole above the second gold piece and the cut out does have a right angle. My other “good” card does have the arc cut out and there is a pin hole.

So if anyone has any other ideas I am more than willing to try it. My question now is if these are “Fake/Clones” are they useful at all? Can I exchange them or something? Does ezbuy365.com or any retailer know they are selling clones if in fact they are?

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
could you post some photos of the acekard ? and put one with the real and the fake one, one aside the other, and if you can open the cart , take some photos of the pcb

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i3one21 said:
When I first got the Acekard2i I put the SD card in and put the Acekard2i in my DSi. Turned it on and saw “Alex Rider”. Click “A” and got this message, “An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting.”Odd... you shouldn't get that error since the Alex Rider fix is for the DSi 1.4.1 update.

i3one21 said:
I tried the same suspected fake Acekard2i in a DS Lite (v5 – magenta screen color). I got an error message but can’t remember what that one said.This is kind of important...

i3one21 said:
I read that if it is a fake to try the official firmware. So I put the 4.23 on the SD card. The one from Acekard download page.

I put the Acekard2i back in the DS Lite and it worked sorta. I was able to see the games in my games folder but most of them didn’t work. I then tried the Acekard2i in the DSi and got the same error message as before, “An error has occurred. Press…”.
That error has nothing to do with the card being real or fake.
It's the DSi blocking the card from running.

QUOTE(i3one21 @ Mar 28 2011, 01:54 PM)
Next, I decided I would try to flash one of the Acekard2i because maybe it didn’t have the latest 1.4.1 fix or whatever it is. So I followed the instructions from the n00b guide. Got the blue screen loaded and it said “Update is done, reboot DS”. Okay, I thought I had made progress. Well the one card I tried to flash I can’t get the DS or DSi to recognize it with either AKAIO or 4.23. I even did the “Paper Trick” thinking it wasn’t reading the card. No luck. I think that card is completely screwed (aka Bad Flash?).
A bad flash, also called a brick, will usually end up with a 'blank' game.
The DS Cart frame will show, but there's no icon inside.

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i3one21 said:
I tried the same suspected fake Acekard2i in a DS Lite (v5 – magenta screen color). I got an error message but can’t remember what that one said.
This is kind of important...

Okay, I put the SD card with 1.8.6a in the "Fake" acekard2i (not the one I tried flashing) and put it in the DS Lite to see what the error was. It said, "Clone: It may not be a genuine acekard. Please contact your vendor or access our website." However, I don't think that was the error message I got before. I think it was the "System file is missing". Since I got a different message I put the card in the DSi and it said the same thing, "Clone: It may not be ...". Weird because the original message was the "An error has occurred..." message.

Pictures of the two cards coming in a minute.

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
could you post some photos of the acekard ? and put one with the real and the fake one, one aside the other, and if you can open the cart , take some photos of the pcb

The one on the left works and the one on the right is having all the problems. Which I suspect is the fake.

IMG_9052.JPG

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
to tell the truth just from the looks i think the right one ias a clone... the left one looks more sturdy then the other... and that small metalic paper... i think behind it it contains that ID you can use to check if its a legit or not in the website? can you take a photo from the front sides? and if you can open the fake ak2i and take some photos of the PCB would be helpful too
smile.gif

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaxNuker said:
to tell the truth just from the looks i think the right one ias a clone... the left one looks more sturdy then the other... and that small metalic paper... i think behind it it contains that ID you can use to check if its a legit or not in the website? can you take a photo from the front sides? and if you can open the fake ak2i and take some photos of the PCB would be helpful too
smile.gif

Here's the front. Left is good one, right is suspected fake. I'm not ready to open it just yet.

front.jpg

deakster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you go on the acekard homepage, in the news they have an article showing that exact card as being fake. The page has exact details on that specific clone, and yours is a perfect match.

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sent ezbuy365.com an email yesterday and when I couldn't get the acekard2i to work this is what I wrote to them:

"I received the two Acekard2i. I put AKAIO 1.8.6a on the microsd card and put the SD card into the Acekard2i and put the Acekard2i into the DSi. It gave me this message when I tried to load it. "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off. Please see the Nintendo DSi Operations Manual for help troubleshooting." I read this means the Acekard2i has not been updated to 1.4.1 for it to work on my DSi. It said it was suppose to come pre-updated?"

Here is what they wrote back to me:

"Dear customer
No,i already per-upgrade it,Did you re-start your DSi?Sometimes only need to re-start it.If acekard 2i still doesn't work,please let me know.
Regards"

Should I write them back? What should I say?

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By this point can't you say you opened it and did a comparison from the Acekard Off website and found it to be a fake and want a replacement?

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dragonkid6 said:
By this point can't you say you opened it and did a comparison from the Acekard Off website and found it to be a fake and want a replacement?

I think that is what I am going to do. It seems like they wouldn't want a bad reputation on this site. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and think they got there cards from somewhere and don't know they are clones. I'll let you know what they say.

Evo.lve

All that you could be.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Over any other fake, I would be worried, but with the Acekard, it's a total "meh" situation.

See, what happened is that Acekard stopped selling their carts directly to shops, instead to Chinese warehouses that shops buy from. When this happens a total loss of quality control happens, and a few fakes will slip through every now and then. Just explain that you've got a fake and they (should) replace it.

Spongeroberto

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bhutan
Evo.lve said:
Over any other fake, I would be worried, but with the Acekard, it's a total "meh" situation.

See, what happened is that Acekard stopped selling their carts directly to shops, instead to Chinese warehouses that shops buy from. When this happens a total loss of quality control happens, and a few fakes will slip through every now and then. Just explain that you've got a fake and they (should) replace it.
Unless they're responsible for the fakes in the first place. Many of those asian shops get fakes on purpose so they can sell them for lower price.

Does it work on regular DS at least?

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spongeroberto said:
Does it work on regular DS at least?
It worked on a DS Lite with 4.23. However, it's not my DS Lite and it only worked with very few games. I have DSis I wanted it to work with. Plus, I took one cart apart. I think it would go back together but after I flashed it I couldn't get anything to recognize it when inserted.

i3one21

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed ezbuy365 that I thought I received clones and sent them pictures. They wrote me back and said:

"Dear customer
No problem,Maybe they are clone,But we tested them via AKAIO1.7.5 kernel,they are all works very well.The clone card have same packages,Maybe our supplier cheated us,We already found this probelm,We will responsible for the bad products,we will resend your order and per-upgrade them to 3DS version.We are very sorry for our mistake.
Regards"

When I recieve the replacements I will be definitely be satisfied.

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
just to say that many reviews made by 0 user in same day they registered are fake on shoptemp for me, same user that later never login anymore on gbatemp
acekard team still sell to shop but min need to buy 500 pieces per order ...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: