Acekard2 Rom List

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by arapozo, May 19, 2008.

May 19, 2008

Acekard2 Rom List by arapozo at 9:06 PM (2,139 Views / 0 Likes) 12 replies

1. arapozo
    OP

Member arapozo GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Hello, i want to ask a question to those of you that own an Acekard2.
    I've got a CycloDS on one of my nintendo DS and i wanted to try something less expensive for my other one.
    There is something i like a lot about the CycloDS and is the fact that it can order your roms alphabetically and also name them on screen by the ROM name and not the filename.
    Is it a possibility on the Acekard2 to name them and order them like that on the list?
    Thanks for the help.

2. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Yes it can.

3. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    tell how please, i always manually rename when unzipping files

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The Bliss menu can do this. I don't know about the official menu.

With the Bliss menu, go to "System Options". Click on "Advanced" (lower-left). Change "ROM name in list" to "Normal" (filename with extension) or "Hode ROM extension" (filename without extension) or "Internal Name" (internal ROM name).

-Bri

5. SchuchWun

Member SchuchWun GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  6. arapozo
    OP

Member arapozo GBAtemp Regular

Dominican Republic
    Thank You for the response.

7. Bri

United States
    You're welcome. Bliss is worth getting. It adds a lot of great features to the official menu.

The only problem with it is that it is sometimes behind one version of the loader (like now, the latest version of Bliss "k08" is based on the "a12" official loader, not "a13"), so if there's something that the latest loader fixes that you simply must have, you may need to switch back.

-Bri

8. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    What else does the Bliss menu add that the official menu doesn't do?

9. Bri

United States
    I switched from the official menu to the Bliss menu after a day or two of having my AK2, and haven't gone back to the official menu since. I remember that there were several things about the official menu that I found annoying, and that Bliss fixed nearly all of them (and then some). But I don't remember exactly what features are or aren't present in the official menu in order to list the differences.

I seem to recall that you couldn't show both NDS and GBA games on the official menu without showing all files. Bliss will also run GBA games without a loader if you have a slot2 GBA expansion cart (I don't remember if the official menu does that or not). Bliss also supports plug-ins to play other types of files and media. Bliss supports different cheat database formats, and doesn't require you to build a cheat database for each game. I'm sure there are other features I'm forgetting.

-Bri

10. matriculated

Member matriculated GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Cool! Does that include the 3-in-1?

11. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    heh, had the bliss loader but never considered changing off 'hide rom extension' as i assumed that would be the only alternative [​IMG]
    tbh its not perfect though as stuff like ouendan and patched somabringer dont display properly with 'internal name' so i'll continue to edit i think.
    thanks tho

12. Bri

United States
    @matriculated: Yes, it supports the EZ 3in1.

@jabjab: I agree, the display of the internal names isn't perfect (particularly for homebrew) so I don't use it. Much easier just to edit the filenames (I use the option that hides the extension). I use Rominator, which automatically names the files the same as the internal name when they are copied to my microSD card, so it's not a big deal.

-Bri

13. Kellicros

Member Kellicros GBAtemp Fan

That's because the menu doesn't display unicode properly when it is set to English, here's a workaround. Copy your english(lang_en) language.txt file in _AK2 folder and have it replace your chinese's .txt(lang_cn), boot your AK2 and change language settings to Chinese Simplified. This way, you will have a full English menu displaying Chinese and Japanese unicodes, I haven't tried Korean though.