Hacking Acekard2 or DSTT

yaguang

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently I'm stuck between chosing a Acekard 2 and a DSTT. The pro for Acekard2 was a lot of positive reviews. The pro for DSTT was that it costs $28 with free shipping, 12 dollars cheaper than the Acekard2. Dunno if 12 extra dollars would be worth the supposely better card. Decisions, decisions...

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Go for the AK2 with AKAIO v1.0 Firmware
smile.gif

- Lots more options
wink.gif

- No slowdown in game browser when more then 4 games are on the TF (TTDS/DSTT suffers this problem)

Unless you have lack on extra's and just want to play and sometimes cheat and don't care about the little slowdown when browsing your games, the TTDS/DSTT
will serve you great.

onneeye

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Avoid the Ak2, my died after 2 weeks of using it. Hopefull I can get if replaced with a CycloDS Evo from RHS. I loved the Ak2. awesome skins, great features. But quality control on it sucks.

B

ball2012003

get the dstt it is cheap price, good card, had no problems with it at all you could get also get the dstt for $20 at dealextreme.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The biggest problem with the DSTT is the interface... it's too damn slow. And doesn't look that great either. AK2 is much better.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is some evidence that the recent hardware problems with the AK2 have been worked out in the latest batches. OzModChips reports that the latest batch they received so far had no returns, which is a good sign.

The AK2 is better than the DSTT for most users. I'd still wait a week or two before buying an AK2 though, to make sure the latest batches are OK and to make sure that whatever store you might buy from is through the bad inventory.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over