Acekard2 or DSTT

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by yaguang, Jul 15, 2008.

Jul 15, 2008

Acekard2 or DSTT by yaguang at 12:13 AM (1,004 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. yaguang
    OP

Newcomer yaguang Member

United States
    Currently I'm stuck between chosing a Acekard 2 and a DSTT. The pro for Acekard2 was a lot of positive reviews. The pro for DSTT was that it costs $28 with free shipping, 12 dollars cheaper than the Acekard2. Dunno if 12 extra dollars would be worth the supposely better card. Decisions, decisions...

2. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Go for the AK2 with AKAIO v1.0 Firmware [​IMG]

- Lots more options [​IMG]
    - No slowdown in game browser when more then 4 games are on the TF (TTDS/DSTT suffers this problem)

Unless you have lack on extra's and just want to play and sometimes cheat and don't care about the little slowdown when browsing your games, the TTDS/DSTT
    will serve you great.

3. onneeye

Member onneeye GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Avoid the Ak2, my died after 2 weeks of using it. Hopefull I can get if replaced with a CycloDS Evo from RHS. I loved the Ak2. awesome skins, great features. But quality control on it sucks.

4. yaguang
    OP

Newcomer yaguang Member

United States
    I decided to order the DSTT with 2gb card for $30. Couldn't resist the price. Thank's for the replies.

5. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

get the dstt it is cheap price, good card, had no problems with it at all you could get also get the dstt for $20 at dealextreme.

6. GatorDeb

Member GatorDeb GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I just paid $20.XX for DSTT at DSExtreme.

7. Joey90

Member Joey90 Not around any more

United Kingdom
    The biggest problem with the DSTT is the interface... it's too damn slow. And doesn't look that great either. AK2 is much better.

8. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    There is some evidence that the recent hardware problems with the AK2 have been worked out in the latest batches. OzModChips reports that the latest batch they received so far had no returns, which is a good sign.

The AK2 is better than the DSTT for most users. I'd still wait a week or two before buying an AK2 though, to make sure the latest batches are OK and to make sure that whatever store you might buy from is through the bad inventory.

-Bri