Hacking Acekard2 firmware or AKAIO?

ShaneC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too experienced with it yet, having just gotten my AceKard last night, but from the few tests I've done, it seems Akaio has about a 90% success rate.

HOWEVER, even with Akaio running, you can still select the offical AceKard loader for "problem" games to use...between the two, I've yet to find anything that doesn't work.

Chris_Skylock

Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I will be purchasing AK2 soon so I have the same question as yours.

But what I learned from here, through browsing, is that you will have no problems with the official firmware. AKAIO has only added features. I noticed that the AKAIO firmware is late in firmware but they fixes the game issues and bugs pretty well. It's your choice, though. For now, I will be using the official firmware as Im not familiar with AKAIO. I will conduct more research about it (bugs, game fixes). Though, I know it's safe to use the AKAIO. everyone, i think, are onto akaio. just my opinion

regards,
Chris

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get AKAIO.The two firmwares are not even comparable anymore AKAIO beats the official FW's ass x10.
Tons of extra features and game fixes that the AK Team won't fix like Bleach's corrupt save issue and others,compatibility is the same or better than the official one BTW.

gokuguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, thanks everyone. Is there a compatibility list somewhere to look at what games will work all the time & which ones wont? Also, is there still wifi with AKAIO? Im asking this because i thought i saw some topic about a wifi plugin for it. Will i need that?

Sharpz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gokuguy said:
Ok, thanks everyone. Is there a compatibility list somewhere to look at what games will work all the time & which ones wont? Also, is there still wifi with AKAIO? Im asking this because i thought i saw some topic about a wifi plugin for it. Will i need that?

IDK about a Comp. list but most games should work.WiFi was fixed with 1.3 Final I believe.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i'm about 99% sure when i say this (but i didn't check with norm), anything acekard fixed norm fixed in akaio. plus with the improved dma method, game fixes, etc... the official loader isn't needed. there really is no good reason to keep it on your kit. if you do find a game that won't run in akaio's loader -- report it. you will be suprised how fast norm will get the urge to fix it! =)

the original idea of the ak2 loader support was because the 4.08 engine fixed speed issues. the source was never released to norm and smiths. the fix was to offer the ability to use the official loader. as of 1.3 final these problems are a thing of the past. the 4.12 sources were shared with the akaio team, all of those updates and possible fixes were ported over and reworked.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr