Hacking AceKard2 does not auto-bypass health screen.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just something to let potential buyers know if they wondered.

I assume this is something not "fixable" with the OS updates they put out.
Or am I wrong?

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
jalaneme said:
DeVante said:
jalaneme said:
so does the cyclo ds.

You mean the CycloDS requires input at the health warning screen as well?

yes, you have to touch the screen before the menu will load, it's annoying after a while.
Yeah, really annoying. I actually stopped buying real games because of the exact same reason, if Nintendo wants to stop piracy, they should start with getting rid of that health warning screen or make it disappear automatically!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I doubt that this could be fixed with an update. It would require the actual firmware to be updated, and most flashcarts don't have the capability of doing that (the updates that people refer to as "firmware" are usually just menus and rom loaders).

There are a couple of ways around this. The obvious one is to flash the DS so that it never shows the health & safety screen.

The other method is to set the system to start the game automatically, then remove the battery to clear the personal data. When you start up the system it will go through the initial setup again, and as long as you don't press A to power down the system and finish the setup the DS will always bypass the health screen and load the flashcart automatically.

The downside of that method is that until you finish the initial setup (thus undoing this trick) you won't be able to get into the DS's menu to change settings or use download play or pictochat.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who doesn't like this bypassing stuff? I like to see the health screen, and then select my flash cart

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Erm...blame Nintendo? They're the ones that decided it was more important to annoy literally millions of gamers to satisfy a few health nuts.

Vapourstreak

Trophies
Website
vapourstreak.moonfruit.com
XP
Country
Canada
dont worry i like ti too
wink.gif

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Chedderknight said:
the M3Real bypasses it, or rather the screen shows for a second and then autoloads to the menu
So does quite a few other flashkarts too, for example: Scds1, R4, CycloDS Evo (CycloDS also has the ability to disable that function).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it