Hacking Acekard2 and EZ Flash 3 in 1

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an Acekard 2 and 4gb micro SDHC card that I use to run DS homebrew and a few DS games. I'm getting interested in running GBA games from my SDHC card as well, but I seem to recall hearing that it requires the use of a ram expansion pack that fits in slot 2. I think it was called EZ Flash 3 in 1, is that correct?

I was also curious if the ram expansion helps other homebrew such as snemulds to run games faster, or helps in any other way besides enabling the use of GBA games from slot 1.

Thanks for taking the time to read and bear with me - i'm still learning.
rolleyes.gif

Smartpal

The Guitar Guy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Yup you require the 3in1 to run GBA games plus it also gives you extra RAM which can be use to run the opera browser, DSlinux and homebrew like you said. Plus it also acts as a rumble for DS games.

wchill

Resident chillxpert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But, if the SRAM dies, then it becomes a 2-in-1.
If the RAM dies, it becomes a 1-in-1.
If the rumble dies, then it's a dustcover-in-1.

Grimm

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok cool, I thought thats how it worked. I'm assuming it just enables you to load the games but you can actually store them on your slot 1 device, right? What has me confused is that it says it has 512mb of Norflash memory in addition to 4mb sram. Does this mean that i'll be able to store gba games or homebrew on the 3 in 1 as well as my sdhc card?

zruben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Grimm said:
Ok cool, I thought thats how it worked. I'm assuming it just enables you to load the games but you can actually store them on your slot 1 device, right? What has me confused is that it says it has 512mb of Norflash memory in addition to 4mb sram. Does this mean that i'll be able to store gba games or homebrew on the 3 in 1 as well as my sdhc card?

as far as I understand, you can store 1 game at the NOR memory at the time... you need this to run GBA games that are larger that 32 mb... for example, if you try to run Mother 3, it will "store it" in the NOR and then it will run... in that moment, your EZ3-in1 will be like a regular GBA game...

for example when you turn your DS on again, you'll see in the DS menu that you have a GBA game in... it will be Mother 3...

anyway, if you have a game stored in the NOR, you can still use the SRAM regularly, you can still run... for example, Final Fantasy VI with no problem, and it won't affect the NOR and your Mother 3 game at all...

but if you try to run a game larger than 32 mb, you would have to erase Mother 3 and replace it with the new game you are trying to run...

I don't know if I was very clear, english is not my native language... =P

hope it helps

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Grimm said:
I was also curious if the ram expansion helps other homebrew such as snemulds to run games faster, or helps in any other way besides enabling the use of GBA games from slot 1.
As far as I know, the current version of the 3in1 (the 3in1plus) is only supported as RAM expansion by the Nintendo DS Browser with cory1492's patch (included in AKAIO).

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm... Anyone know a good place to buy them? DX have some, but they're more expensive than an Acekard 2i.

Cheers.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yep, as far as I know nothing else has supported/been recompiled for the new PSRAM page locations (if anything the first would usually be dslinux.) Haven't got a plus, so I've not done any testing to see if PSRAM game loading is workable, though there is a 3in1p ips patch for exploader out there somewhere I can't say for sure if it is only for NOR stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [He will] only make $1.5 million per night after taxes. Poor guy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My stupid computer chair keeps slowly going down, but I don't notice it goes down, until I'm like reaching up to my desk. I just bought this f er last year.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Does Bruno Mars is gay?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    K3nv2 would know...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only for Bakers
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard he has a Wario fetish, but only if no Wizards are around.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    jk with you Bakerman, much love. fist bump.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He really knows how to kneed the dough
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Man. I can't wait til CTGP 8 comes out on Switch, been waiting forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Boners Makes me wanna play Duck Hunt NES
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pooping nice
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What is a "Poop de Boop"? I've heard it mentioned several times now but have no idea and can't find anything online bout it. Is it a British term for restroom/bathroom or something?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It is a perfume
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do we have virgin islands if it's populated
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They should change the name to K3Nv2's Mom islands. (Or before he responds, My Wifeys Islands)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah me saying that's more predictable than you talking about my mom
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hence urewifes so predictable she'd buy every man on the virgin islands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or they buy her
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    true dat, on that note I'ma try go get some myself, peace!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess she doesn't need to be bought she has your money
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/-GDjDECLDG0?si=MNEjk8rkmioj1xE2