Acekard2.1 not working all of a sudden

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Strategy, Aug 2, 2009.

Aug 2, 2009
  1. Strategy
    OP

Newcomer Strategy Member

Canada
    So, my acekard stopped working at the worst possible time and I don't know why. I'm using akaio firmware, card was bought at dealextreme.

Yesterday, I just turned it on and the games would not load. Nothing loaded. All I saw was the bottom screen background and that was it. Any button I pressed didn't work.

I tried several things like taking out microSD, acekard, blowing them out for dust, etc. Nothing worked. The OS is not loading fully (is the OS called moonshell?)

So anyways, is my card faulty? I guess I can try reformatting and reinstalling AKAIO, but I can't do that right now where I am.

Any help is appreciated! [​IMG] Anyone else had this problem?

TIA

2. SonixAurora

Newcomer SonixAurora Member

United Kingdom
    did it happen on ONE game? because that happens when i tried to play pokemon platinum EU Also if your using a DSi you've most likely heard about the update NOT WORTH IT

i would suggest (when you can) to try a different skin, and get the latest akAIO even if you already have it

best of luck [​IMG]

~Sonix

3. rockstar99

Member rockstar99 Hi

Canada
    Try EveryThing Below:
    ReFormat
    Try With The Official Firmware Not AKAIO
    Try Your MicroSD On Another Acekard
    Try Another MicroSD On Your Acekard

4. Strategy
    OP

Newcomer Strategy Member

Canada
    I can't even load a game. Nothing is shown but the bottom portiopn of my wallpaper.

This is on the DS lite btw, the problem doesn't have anything to do with an update or a single game.

Is moonshell the same of the OS on akaio?

Unfortunately, I can't try everything right now where I am, but I will when I get home.

5. SonixAurora

Newcomer SonixAurora Member

United Kingdom
    im a toatal noob with this stuff xD 'Is moonshell the same of the OS on akaio?' i have no idea about that but just redownload the firware, blow the cartridges again (lol n64) leave it for about 10 mins
    if it doesnt work (if it says no slot-1 card) take the card out and reinsert it, also have you put anything in your slot 2?

once again, best of luck [​IMG]

~sonix

6. warbird

Member warbird GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    Moonshell is a homebrew mediaplayer. It doesn't support loading roms (hacks to load roms via ysmenu exists though).

You need to be in the OS. not moonshell, to load roms.

7. Strategy
    OP

Newcomer Strategy Member

Canada
    Alright, thank you guys [​IMG]

The DS lite senses the acekard. It says there is an acekard in slot 1.

However, once I open that, it doesn't sense the OS, since the games do not open, (really nothing opens). I can only see the bottom screen wallpaper (no games) and no buttons do anything. I can't access anything on the memory card.

Once I find a walmart here I'll buy a microSD adapter and format the microSD and redownload AKAIO and try that.

How would I go about saving all my game files? Just take the games folder and store it on my hard drive? Is it as easy as that?

8. Strategy
    OP

Newcomer Strategy Member

Canada