Hacking AceKard starting directory?

PopeSock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to have AceKard's own software start in the Roms directory all the time? Akaio does this, but AceKard seems to forget the starting directory when it's turned on. Granted, using Akaio would be a possible solution, but then again there's at least one game I have to mess around with a loader for Akaio to work perfectly with.

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
just put the official loader in the ak2loader folder after cutting it from the official FW.

Then use that loader with the noncompatible games instead.

INB4 SMITHS

PopeSock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird thing is, Akaio has just done the same thing.. I could have sworn it remembered the directory I was in when I shut it off.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
PopeSock said:
Is there a way to have AceKard's own software start in the Roms directory all the time? Akaio does this, but AceKard seems to forget the starting directory when it's turned on. Granted, using Akaio would be a possible solution, but then again there's at least one game I have to mess around with a loader for Akaio to work perfectly with.

and this game would be which?

-another world

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, AKAIO remembers the folder you were in when you last launched a game. It would be inefficient for it to store the current folder every time you changed folders.

There is a bug in the official menu that causes it to not always remember the folder. I'm trying to remember the specific details, but I don't recall. I posted something about it a looong time ago, at which time Smiths fixed it in AKAIO, but it was never fixed in the official menu.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)