azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I have problem with nintendogs on acekard rpg (this is only one game with that strange problem).
game runs normally, but when i create save is writes to memory not as .nds.sav (standard acekard savetypes) but
.nds.savv (with double v ) , that strange save type is not seen by acekard after it is made, eaven in savefile wiev.
When i tried to rename it ti .nds.sav it was sen in save wiev of acekard, but game still didnt recognized it.
I tried to set savetype options to automatic, but results was the same.
Any suggestions (i heard that some games for previous acekard flashcart must been patched witch some patcher to work, maybe this could be patched, but i dont know with what ? )

P.S.
In my previous flashcart (m3simply) nintendogs run and saved with no problems.

D

Deleted User

I have problem with nintendogs on acekard rpg (this is only one game with that strange problem).
game runs normally, but when i create save is writes to memory not as .nds.sav (standard acekard savetypes) but
.nds.savv (with double v ) , that strange save type is not seen by acekard after it is made, eaven in savefile wiev.
When i tried to rename it ti .nds.sav it was sen in save wiev of acekard, but game still didnt recognized it.
I tried to set savetype options to automatic, but results was the same.
Any suggestions (i heard that some games for previous acekard flashcart must been patched witch some patcher to work, maybe this could be patched, but i dont know with what ? )

P.S.
In my previous flashcart (m3simply) nintendogs run and saved with no problems.
can you give me the full name of the rom ? I'll check with the source code to see if there's an issue.

D

Deleted User

Strange I do not have any problem here with this filename (it's seems filename related). Can you give some extra informations : 1) does it appears on nand or microsd ? if on the latter is it in fat or fat32 ? changing the name to nintendogs.nds for example does it works ? Before changing the name can you do this : run the game, shutdown it immediatly, then plug the usb into the acekard and give the content of the file __rpg/lastSettings.ini (or lastLoad.ini I don't remember).

azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
When i downloaded it i changed name to Nintendogs Lab & Friends.nds
i have microsdhc 4gb kingston japan (tried game both on flash and car, results the same, maybe problem is latest firmware that i updated but dont know why ?

QUOTE said:
Before changing the name can you do this : run the game, shutdown it immediatly, then plug the usb into the acekard and give the content of the file __rpg/lastSettings.ini (or lastLoad.ini I don't remember).

will do that

And almost forgot game was trimmed with nds tokyo trim

maybe it will help, strange things also started to appear in my acekard like there is communicate on dsorganize, that there is no
memory to launch dsorganize (reinstalled dsorganize and communicate was the same), couple days ago everything was fine.

Ok i run nintendogs (on build memory) without changing a name of rom and here are contents of files

sdlist.ini

[SD Card Manufacturers]
02 = Toshiba
03 = Sandisk
13 = Kingmax
1c = Transcend

[SD Card Speed]
02SD04G = 4000

lastsave.ini

[Save Info]
lastLoaded = fat0:/0090 - Nintendogs Lab & Friends (U).nds

globalsettings.ini

[system]
fontWidth = 11
halfFontWidth = 6
fontHeight = 12
sdCardSpeed = 0
animatedFileIcon = 1
keyDelay = 30
keyRepeat = 1
fileListViewMode = 0
brightness = 2
language = 0
langDirectory = lang_en
uiName = BLACK
akmenuVersion = 4
akmenuSubVersion = 0
fileListType = 0
romTrim = 0
showHiddenFiles = 1
enterLastDirWhenBoot = 1
downloadPlayPatch = 1
cheatingSystem = 1
resetInGame = 0

azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Ok it all works fine, i just leaved name of game without changes (0090 - Nintendogs Lab & Friends (U).nds) and save is normal now. (but it is weirdest thing that i ever encountered in DS my life)

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Its not that wierd. All that happened is that when there was an I/O error in the AK RPG when it first created the save file (I bet that if you check the SAV DB you will notice that the former nintendogs name is associated with a .nds.savv file { at that case all you have to do is to delete the later v save and run the rom in its old name})

P.S.
I think I understand most of the card code by now and I am ready to make some changes to it , the only problem I can't think of somthing to improve which isn't that major ( would like to experiment first)

azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
I think I understand most of the card code by now and I am ready to make some changes to it , the only problem I can't think of somthing to improve which isn't that major ( would like to experiment first)
I thing big improvement would be soft reset
QUOTE{ at that case all you have to do is to delete the later v save and run the rom in its old name})

As for that renaming stuff I tried it in the beginning, but acekard created another .nds.savv file, eaven when there were .nds.sav file (without one v that I deleted).

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
I thing big improvement would be soft reset

Wow the fact that you just paste this hasn't stroke you ?
resetInGame = 0
you can set it to 1 and use L+R+Select+Start to soft-reset...
Or you can just get the new 4.0.5 and read the instructions ...

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
As for that renaming stuff I tried it in the beginning, but acekard created another .nds.savv file, eaven when there were .nds.sav file (without one v that I deleted).

Ofcourse it will cause in the save DB file it associate the file name with the .nds.savv file. all you have to do is to edit it ( its at the ~rpg folder) and replace the .nds.savv to nds.sav

azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
resetInGame = 0

As for firmware 4.05 they dont have it on oficial site latest is 4.04

http://www.acekard.com/index.php?page_id=4

As for soft resert thanks buddy your my hero, beer for you
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif
grog.gif

As for editing save db,sorry but im too lazy ,if i can do something easiest way (like copying rom with original name) I do it, but thanks for advice, Im shure some acekard users will appriciate that when they will read that.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
QUOTE said:
resetInGame = 0

It existed in 4.04 but it wasn't advertised
smile.gif
You could also increase your DL/P competability in 4.02 by editing few lines of code ( AK team even commented it will increase the DL/P competability ).

It seems like the AK RPG has a lot of hidden gems in the source code ( Personally I think they made the UI realtivly easy to code for making button as easy as they are { made Moonshell button on launch and it was really easy) its apperent that they coded with some of the features we see now in mind .

D

Deleted User

QUOTE said:
resetInGame = 0

It existed in 4.04 but it wasn't advertised
smile.gif
You could also increase your DL/P competability in 4.02 by editing few lines of code ( AK team even commented it will increase the DL/P competability ).

It seems like the AK RPG has a lot of hidden gems in the source code ( Personally I think they made the UI realtivly easy to code for making button as easy as they are { made Moonshell button on launch and it was really easy) its apperent that they coded with some of the features we see now in mind .

Yes basically the ui is looking like gtk or qt, with a class hierarchy of widget and message passing to process signals.
The only thing I don't really like is the fact that it is not based upon 3D, if it was we could do easily things such as cover flow browsing of roms like in itunes...

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
Well it would have been nice but I don't think this is neccessary . Anyway its seems like Rudolph released a costumized version of 402 to work with the EZV 3 in 1 since I don't have the 3 in 1 and he didn't release the source (at least I haven't seen it)

azotyp

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
I downloaded latest firmware, soft reset work lovely
smile.gif
i had only to copy savelistex.bin from previous foirmware for saves to be seen via new firmware.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well it would have been nice but I don't think this is neccessary . Anyway its seems like Rudolph released a costumized version of 402 to work with the EZV 3 in 1 since I don't have the 3 in 1 and he didn't release the source (at least I haven't seen it)

Tried using 4.02 with rudolphs .nds and got nothing. If someone knows how to make it work, please share.

I downloaded latest firmware, soft reset work lovely
smile.gif
i had only to copy savelistex.bin from previous foirmware for saves to be seen via new firmware.

Was there a problem with the saves after you updated? I replaced __rpg folder and akmenu4.nds with 4.05 and didn't have any problems with saves.

Raisingod

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland

Tried using 4.02 with rudolphs .nds and got nothing. If someone knows how to make it work, please share.

Well it seems Rudolphs' tool include soft reset for the AK RPG and modified the loader to run the tool if you use slot 2 when the EZV 3 in 1 is inserted. Anyway it should fix some problems ( also there is a modification @ AK RPG forum that allows you to run GBA games from the loader

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Well it seems Rudolphs' tool include soft reset for the AK RPG and modified the loader to run the tool if you use slot 2 when the EZV 3 in 1 is inserted. Anyway it should fix some problems ( also there is a modification @ AK RPG forum that allows you to run GBA games from the loader

Yes rudolph changed the 3n1 tool to include soft-reset. That works beautifully but is not what I was replying to talk about (read the bold above). I can't get his modified akmenu4.nds to do anything. I thought it might give native support to the 3in1 like the cyclods has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free