amateur lunatic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If anyone needs help with getting cheats working on the RPG, here you go.
Heres how to use cheats on the RPG:

1. DL these files:
Crackers AKRPG Cheat Formatter- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?&act=ST&f=95&t=68408
Latest RPG Firmware- http://gbatemp.net/index.php?dlcategory=35
2. Extract fw to nand on RPG.
3. Open crackers cheat formatter.
4. Get action replay codes. I recommend codejunkies.com as the codes are already easily layed out for copying and pasting.
Go to the site, find the codes you want, copy them and paste them into Crackers formatter.
5. Press the format button.
6. Go thru the list in the right hand box. For any codes you want disabled, replace the @ with a #.
7. Press the save .cc button. Select where you want the file saved. Give the file the same name as the rom the codes are
for.
8. Transfer this file to the same location as the rom.
9. In the rpg start menu, select special, Enable cheat codes.
10. Start rom and enjoy cheats.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that. I am sure it will help a lot of people. I find this way kind of tedious but that is just my opinion. Hopefully they will be able to implement an in game menu and get all this stuff smoothed out soon.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One quick question, I guess I will have to try out the cheats if I want to finish my RPG review so here goes, does the cheat file need to be the same name with the .nds.cc at the end or just .cc?

For example:
Jump Superstars.nds

The save for this game would be:
Jump Superstars.nds.sav

Would the cheat file be
Jump Superstars.nds.cc
or just:
Jump Superstars.cc

?

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just a .cc extension and i'm looking forward to seeing your review.
Thanks. I just got it working. One big thing that I have against this is the saving routine. It writes the save to the save file the next time the card is booted and it is rather annoying to save manipulate. For example, you have a game and start it up, then power down/soft reset and reboot so it can write a save for the game so you can replace it with your own game save. You delete the new save file then you place your own save file in the same directory with the same name of the game. Then you boot the AK to alter your save via cheats then BOOOOOM it overwrites your save with the new save. >.> Freaking annoying. I know it isn't a big deal, just putting it out there that it is annoying and when writing a review and when comparing similar products to the AK this is one thing they can do that AK can't do too smoothly.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It just a .cc extension and i'm looking forward to seeing your review.

Thanks. I just got it working. One big thing that I have against this is the saving routine. It writes the save to the save file the next time the card is booted and it is rather annoying to save manipulate. For example, you have a game and start it up, then power down/soft reset and reboot so it can write a save for the game so you can replace it with your own game save. You delete the new save file then you place your own save file in the same directory with the same name of the game. Then you boot the AK to alter your save via cheats then BOOOOOM it overwrites your save with the new save. >.> Freaking annoying. I know it isn't a big deal, just putting it out there that it is annoying and when writing a review and when comparing similar products to the AK this is one thing they can do that AK can't do too smoothly.

#1- Your post has nothing to do with cheats.

#2- What does this mean: "Then you boot the AK to alter your save via cheats" ?

Really the only steps are:
1-Run ROM to create .sav
2-replace with compatible .sav of your choice.
TADA
The next time you play said ROM the RPG will use the .sav that you chose. Seems like the one and only step that other carts could omit from your instructions is the initial creating of the .sav file.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

1-Run ROM to create .sav
TADA
The next time you play said ROM the RPG will use the .sav that you chose. Seems like the one and only step that other carts could omit from your instructions is the initial creating of the .sav file.
#1- Yes, my whole post had something to do with cheats as some people use cheats on their saves then send them back to their original carts and I was talking about the save.

#2- What I mean by altering your save via cheats is let's say you have pokemon and you want to use AR cheats, so you extract your save via reinmon or what ever and put it with it's ROM in a flashcart that can use cheats, use the cheats, get what items/things you want, then save, then send the original save back to the official cart and you have your save altered with cheated items. Not that hard to understand.

And no, those aren't the only steps. These would be the true steps:
1-Run ROM
2- Reboot AK to create .sav file
3- Replace .sav file with .sav of your choice
4- AK deletes your .sav file and overwrites it with the last save of the booted game.
5- You are screwed.
biggrin.gif

So there you go, sure with things like pokemon it is easy to do what you said but with things like mario kart where every time you reboot it writes to the save file it will OVERWRITE YOUR NEWLY REPLACED SAVE FILE. Try it.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
1-Run ROM
4- AK deletes your .sav file and overwrites it with the last save of the booted game.
5- You are screwed.
biggrin.gif

So there you go, sure with things like pokemon it is easy to do what you said but with things like mario kart where every time you reboot it writes to the save file it will OVERWRITE YOUR NEWLY REPLACED SAVE FILE. Try it.

Well technically number 4 only happens because the akmenu doesn't know what the save type is so it tries to auto-detect it which requires a blank save, if you set the save type manually it loads the save file properly.

Ohh and alist of steps for backing up a save from an original game, using cheats then writting that file back would be:
1. Backup save using rein/reinmoon
2. Run ROM with save type manually selected to prevent overwriting save file
3. Restart DS and using rein/reinmoon to write the save back to the original cart

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1-Run ROM
5- You are screwed.
biggrin.gif

Well technically number 4 only happens because the akmenu doesn't know what the save type is so it tries to auto-detect it which requires a blank save, if you set the save type manually it loads the save file properly.

Ohh and alist of steps for backing up a save from an original game, using cheats then writting that file back would be:
1. Backup save using rein/reinmoon
2. Run ROM with save type manually selected to prevent overwriting save file
3. Restart DS and using rein/reinmoon to write the save back to the original cart
True, I knew this but I don't think he was realizing it so I explained the steps when the save type is automatically detected to try to show him what happens. He didn't think the save gotten overwritten. And ya, this is the way around it but I am just saying that this is one thing the other carts can do a bit better.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm lucky, but when I put my save from Lego Star Wars:Complete Saga on my AK RPG it worked. I ran the rom first to create a save. Then replaced that save with mine from R4. Next time I ran the rom my save was there. I loaded it, played a while, saved, powered off. Next time I played, all was good, my save had been updated not overwritten.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I'm lucky, but when I put my save from Lego Star Wars:Complete Saga on my AK RPG it worked. I ran the rom first to create a save. Then replaced that save with mine from R4. Next time I ran the rom my save was there. I loaded it, played a while, saved, powered off. Next time I played, all was good, my save had been updated not overwritten.
It's not luck. Let me guess, that game has a save option and/or only saves at certain points right? It doesn't auto save like mario kart, kirby, and other games like it. Your method will work with games that manually need to be saved in game but not with auto saving games. You do understand why your game works right?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry golden but... you're a bit lost
tongue.gif

if after autodetecting the save (Or setting savetype) you replace the .sav file with any compatible save file (whether it be altered by pokesav, or from another flashcart that uses raw saves - R4, Cyclo etc) the next time you load the game, IT WILL LOAD THE SAV FILE YOU REPLACED, as long as no .sav is present in the hidden ak memory (ready to be copied from at reboot)

i have imported heaps of sav files this way, and it never fails.

IRRELEVANT OF WHETHER THE GAME DOES MANUAL SAVING OR AUTOMATICALLY SAVES.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sorry golden but... you're a bit lost
tongue.gif

if after autodetecting the save (Or setting savetype) you replace the .sav file with any compatible save file (whether it be altered by pokesav, or from another flashcart that uses raw saves - R4, Cyclo etc) the next time you load the game, IT WILL LOAD THE SAV FILE YOU REPLACED, as long as no .sav is present in the hidden ak memory (ready to be copied from at reboot)

i have imported heaps of sav files this way, and it never fails.

IRRELEVANT OF WHETHER THE GAME DOES MANUAL SAVING OR AUTOMATICALLY SAVES.
First of all. There is nothing that I am lost at.

I have tried this myself and I have only written what I have experienced. If you actually read what I said above instead of posting how well it works for you you can see what I am experiencing. Denying the fact that I am experiencing that is just stupid. I am not saying something I have heard. I HAVE PERSONALLY EXPERIENCED AND TESTED IT.

I don't know what you are doing to make it work for you like a little angel but it I don't feel like rewriting anything as I am sure you can reread/maybe read for the first time my posts and understand what happened to me.

Again, I don't know how I can be "a bit lost
tongue.gif
" (Notice the quote of the smiley as well) if I have posted a description of what I have experienced. If anything, I feel a bit lost of how you are getting your Acecard to do this.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

1-Run ROM to create .sav
TADA

#1- Yes, my whole post had something to do with cheats as some people use cheats on their saves then send them back to their original carts and I was talking about the save.

#2- What I mean by altering your save via cheats is let's say you have pokemon and you want to use AR cheats, so you extract your save via reinmon or what ever and put it with it's ROM in a flashcart that can use cheats, use the cheats, get what items/things you want, then save, then send the original save back to the official cart and you have your save altered with cheated items. Not that hard to understand.

And no, those aren't the only steps. These would be the true steps:
1-Run ROM
5- You are screwed.
biggrin.gif

Golden - I tried it and now I figured it out. I put Mario Kart on NAND and ran some experiments. Heres what happened:
First I ran Mario Kart, completed one race, turned DS off, turned DS on, booted RPG menu, waited for processing bar to complete, then turned DS off again. Then I hooked RPG to pc and copied original save from mario kart to desktop. Then I got an "all unlocked" save from the download center here. I put that on the NAND (named appropriately of course.) Then I ran Mario Kart again, wonderfully (and despite what you say above) the new save worked and all was unlocked. I immediately turned the DS off and replaced the unlocked save with my original save. Then I booted the game again and all was still unlocked (the rpg had overwritten the original save with the unlocked save) like you say above. Then I rebooted. I turned the DS off after the processing bar was complete and again replaced the unlocked save with the original save. Ran Mario Kart again and back to no unlocks again.

So the problem you are having is you are not following your own steps. If you make sure to do step 2 (replace "create" with write to") every time there is no problem. And please skip step 5.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see. Well, I am glad you tested them and got results instead of saying things. Anyway, I understood the step I missed writing. Bit of misunderstanding on my part, sorry if I confused anyone.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
As I've said before, it's a shame that the Acekard RPG saves to a 'hidden' part of the card, which isn't written to the SD card or NAND until you next enter the Acekard menu. If it saved to the final destination immediately, these kinds of things would be easier for the end-user.

Kijof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
For me:

1. Run the game on acekard.
2. Turn off and turn on the DS
3. Wait for the process
4. Turn off the DS
5. Rename your sav from R4 to match the acekard save .nds.sav and overwrite

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
sorry golden, i wasn't trying to insult you or anything, i just couldn't see how you were having this problem, so i called you "lost" jokingly (see smiley) as per my mood.

gratefulbuddy explained it the process well.

good that everything is well now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: