AceKard RPG BNS1.3 Released - XML cheat codes!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Smiths, Feb 26, 2008.

Feb 26, 2008
  1. Smiths
    OP

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    Quick update to 1.3.1, more accurate cheat code searching for games with multiple revisions (e.g. - Mario 64 DS) thanks to chishm's tip on the reverse CRC32 checking

Last night I uploaded a new version of the hybrid AceKard R.P.G. OS, version BNS1.3 to the AceKard BBS/SVN.
    The biggest new feature is the ability to parse a "cheats.xml" in realtime and create a .CC cheat file, then use Normmatt's awesome cheat selection menu to enable/disable codes. (Remember to save your selected codes with "SELECT" and enable Cheat Codes under "Patches")

Details as follows:
    The release contains plugins, skins, and multiple languages from the community on the AceKard BBS. Be careful with the "savelistex" file in the __rpg folder, apparently overwriting it can lose some saves in memory (???)

This brings the AceKard cheating system relatively on par with the G6 Real, etc., which is very good news indeed considering how poor the support was initially.

AceKard RPG Forums BNS Release Thread

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Could you possibly upload to our downloads center? I would register and download myself, but the verification question is "What's the full title of AK?AK的全称是什么??"

3. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    the registration answer is "acekard" or "acekard RPG" if i remember correctly.

4. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Thanks.

5. Smiths
    OP

Member Smiths AKAIO Person of Interest

United States
    sorry about that. Also, change "cheat.xml" to "cheats.xml" .. Right now it is file-specific. Future versions will allow selecting different XML files from which to search and generate.

6. link1s

Newcomer link1s Newbie

United States
    the registration answer is "AceKard" cap locked