OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, was wondering if anybody is having problems getting download play to work with certain games? I am running the 4.06 loader and have had a few games that don't work with download play so far:

Big Brain Academy
Clubhouse Games

I've tried them with the "Single Card Play" function both enabled and disabled and no luck. Some games like Mario Party and Puzzle de Harvest Moon work but I was hoping that the download play loader update would have fixed these. Anybody having the same experience?

For the record I am using a flashme v.8 (no auto-boot) black DS Lite. When I give my RPG to somebody else and run download play from their DS to mine it works fine, just not the other way around.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Some games like Mario Party and Puzzle de Harvest Moon work but I was hoping that the download play loader update would have fixed these.

I am not sure I follow, you said the DL play works for the above but want them fixed?

Anyway, ya, the RPG does not have 100% DL play but close to it. Flashed DSs have very good DL play compatibility that's why yours works.

superrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Some games like Mario Party and Puzzle de Harvest Moon work but I was hoping that the download play loader update would have fixed these.

I am not sure I follow, you said the DL play works for the above but want them fixed?

Anyway, ya, the RPG does not have 100% DL play but close to it. Flashed DSs have very good DL play compatibility that's why yours works.

Sorry, what I meant was that some games like Mario Party and Puzzle de Harvest Moon have working DL play but other games like Big Brain Academy and Clubhouse Games don't have working DL play (at least for me.)

And yes, Mario Party DL play works
smile.gif

superrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I just remembered, when I played multiplayer Mario Party it was with a friend with an R4 who had Mario Party already, we didn't actually do download play
frown.gif
Sorry to get your hopes up.

Haven't actually tested Mario Party's DL play
frown.gif

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp review said:
We have tested the following games that support Download Play, and here are our results:

Pass:
42 All-Time Classics / Club House Games
Big Brain Academy

Bomberman Land Touch!
New Super Mario Bros.
Point Blank DS
Super Mario 64 DS
Super Monkey Ball DS
Tetris DS
Snowboard Kids SBK
Yoshi Touch & Go
Zoo Keeper

Fail:
None

As you can see, the Acekard R.P.G. (as of loader version 4.04) has support for download play in the handful that we've tested; a rather pleasant result.
Both of those games seem to pass GBAtemp's test, so maybe it's the 4.06 or just yours.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I recently got my R.P.G, and I can't get download play to work either.
I couldn't get Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime Hunters to work, they would both hang after the black and white Nintendo logo.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I recently got my R.P.G, and I can't get download play to work either.
I couldn't get Mario Kart DS or Metroid Prime Hunters to work, they would both hang after the black and white Nintendo logo.
Man, is it really that serious? Crap! I can't believe I am saying this but I probably should have gone with something else with 100% DL play. Speaking of which, what besides cyclo has 100% DL play? SCDS1?

superrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm if this is a 4.06 firmware thing, a flashme thing, or something else? I don't use download play that much so it isn't that big of a deal to me, but it would be nice to see it working.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I beleive this is a 4.06 thing, it will probably be fixed in the next update.
Either way, I'm happy with my purchase, while it does have a few bugs that are yet to be sorted out, overall it is a pretty good loader, I cant think of any other loaders which have file management functions.

superrab

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Either way, I'm happy with my purchase, while it does have a few bugs that are yet to be sorted out, overall it is a pretty good loader, I cant think of any other loaders which have file management functions.

I'll have to second that, very happy with my RPG despite the small bugs. The dual storage / file management options are awesome.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I'll have to second that, very happy with my RPG despite the small bugs. The dual storage / file management options are awesome.
I guess I won't make judgments before it even arriving. I just wish it would arrive already!!!!
nyanya.gif

PS: Does a flashed DS really have better DL play compatibility when it is the receiving one? I just tried this with MKDS and MPH and lots of other stuff but none worked even when I switched to my flashed DS.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Plus it looks sexy. Seriously, if I was a flash cart, I would have sex with my RPG.
If the receiving DS is flashed, it will work, because flashme removes the RSA verification. Whether the DS with the flash card is flashed or not makes no difference.
Hey golden, how long has it been since you ordered yours? Mine got hrer in 10 business days (14 regular). Maybe you should post something on the BambooGaming forums.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looked through AceKard's forum and I'm wondering if this is an issue for other people and if the team is aware of it. Although from what I can read, there aren't many posts about 4.06. I still don't really understand how some games's download play works and others not.

Bamboogaming takes longer to ship to the US. I'm still waiting on my RPG and hoping it will come before the New Year.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Plus it looks sexy. Seriously, if I was a flash cart, I would have sex with my RPG.
If the receiving DS is flashed, it will work, because flashme removes the RSA verification. Whether the DS with the flash card is flashed or not makes no difference.
Hey golden, how long has it been since you ordered yours? Mine got hrer in 10 business days (14 regular). Maybe you should post something on the BambooGaming forums.
I live in US. According to Bamboo it was shipped on the 13th of December. Hopefully will get here soon. Can wait!
nyanya.gif
Late christmas present but whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • A @ anotherthing:
    Online was free on the 3DS as well, and it worked well.
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I can't help but think nintendo switch online is the reason we did not get a gameboy/n64/gamecube
    mini classic edition
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, i think it would have been impossible to see anything in a gameboy mini
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    well I meant that as a figure of speech
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    they could just rerelease a modern gameboy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    like the pocket analogue
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    but nintendo licensed
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    dammit that thread got moved from offtopic to edge, well since that happened
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Aeiou backwards