beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did mention it in the other topic before, but games keep on crashing with both of my sandisk 4gb micro sdhc.
at the first start the acekard said my card doesnt support nds games an i couldnt launch any.
after manually editing an .ini file (wtf?!) a few of them work, but most of them are much slower then with the same micro sd on m3 real and many of them keep on crashing when loading the game or during the game.
im desperated and going to sell my RPG i think, cause i see no reason why it doesnt support my sandisk when every other card out there does.
its a shame cause it seems to be a good card otherwise. i like the menu and most of the features.
but if it doesnt work with a vanilla sandisk its a no-go.

mars

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
The reason the AKRPG runs games slower than other cards is because the others card patch the rom to run from slower memory and thus gain alot of speed wheres the acekard does none of this sort of patching which makes it 100% compatible but requires fast memory to run games from. I might ask acekard about making a pc patcher program to patch roms so they run from slower memory like other cards do but i wouldn't count on anything soon if ever.

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i understand this fact, but the result for me as an end user is: the acekard does not work with my micro sd while other cards do.
cant find a list of 100% supported cards on their website (or anywhere else) either.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
whats the problem with running roms from the nand?

I'm unsure what cards are completely compatible with the acekard rpg but my transcend 2gb card only has problems running a few of the more speed intensive games although i'd recommend getting a better card than mine
tongue.gif

g.crow

beide mittelfinger hoch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i could have stuck with my r4 if 1gb (or 2) of memory would be enough for me. damn, i really like the acekard otherwise, but guess we will have to seperate
frown.gif
*sigh*

its a shame this problem was not mentioned in the review (only with castlevania).

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Well technically its your microsd at fault although you should be able to run most games from your microsd you'll just need to run the speed intensive games such as castlevania from the nand. If you can run any roms from the microsd without crashes try reformatting it with FAT32 if still nothing post your sdlist.ini contents

Electric_Wizard

Trophies
Website
www.obscenelygreen.net
XP
Country
I've got a crappy 8GB sandisk and there are hardly any games I've tried that don't run perfectly. The handful I have problems with I just dump on the NAND. It's a pretty damn good compromise if you ask me. I get a total of 9GB of space (got well over 100 NDS games and about 40 GBA games and I still have 3 GB left!) and I can run all of them without issue.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wow 8gb microsdhc? how muchwas that and whered you get it? i cant even fill my 4gb sdhc with stuff if even kinda want, but than again i dont have any gba games on there...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.