Hacking AceKard & R4 Timebomb??

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, i just bought a Acekard 2 (dsi (XL) & 3ds Compatibble) for my dsi xl and a R4 Wifi for my ndsl and the seller told me to watch out for the timebomb, i don't really know what he ment by that, is the fashcard going to destory itself and can't use it no more, or it will block the acces to the console? so i want to know if those cards have a timebomb on it, if so how do i stop it? and can i use my acekard on the new 3ds?

Last edited by ILeo,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Timebomb in the context of flashcarts refers to the kernel software stopping working after a certain date. No hardware damage to the cart and/or the console. Please don't take bomb literally. It is a logical bomb. "If date > x then don't load games anymore." See this thread.

Acekard 2i (AKAIO Wood based software) has no timebomb. Don't know about the other one. Bypassing the timebomb see the above thread as well.
=========

AceKard 2i will only work on very low firmware versions of the 3DS unless you have installed custom firmware to disable the whitelist check. Since the other cart does not even mention DSi or 3DS it is not likely to work on unmodified 3DS consoles and might require special loaders.

Edit:
I see you cross-posted in another section. Please don't do that. It is confusing.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/acekard-r4-timebomb.585820/

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

ILeo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Timebomb in the context of flashcarts refers to the kernel software stopping working after a certain date. No hardware damage to the cart and/or the console. Please don't take bomb literally. It is a logical bomb. "If date > x then don't load games anymore." See this thread.

Acekard 2i (AKAIO Wood based software) has no timebomb. Don't know about the other one. Bypassing the timebomb see the above thread as well.
=========

AceKard 2i will only work on very low firmware versions of the 3DS unless you have installed custom firmware to disable the whitelist check. Since the other cart does not even mention DSi or 3DS it is not likely to work on unmodified 3DS consoles and might require special loaders.
and if the ds stops working i can get it fix by just changing the date?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
and if the ds stops working i can get it fix by just changing the date?
The DS itself will not stop working in any way. The flashcart kernel will not load any games and might show an error message.
See the thread above for more information how to deal with the timebomb

Reactions: zxr750j and ILeo

natedogwoof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

=========

Edit:
I see you cross-posted in another section. Please don't do that. It is confusing.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/acekard-r4-timebomb.585820/
On the DSi it requires Twilight menu++÷ sometimes he'll show up as a mystery mystery mystery or a glitch title just keep re putting it in until it shows up as Acekart2i

Reactions: ILeo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: