gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Great card. Wonderful interface. Not very many skins out now. Lack of soft-reset I can deal with. I figure if I was using original carts I would have to switch the power on and off to do it so theres no loss there in my mind.
But the, up until recent, lack of cheat support is something that bothered me slightly. The current cheat support is ok, but imo not as easy to setup as the r4.
They just added a new fw today that should enable d/l play for a lot of games. I can't verify what games work with d/l. I haven't yet used it and don't plan on needing to in the future. A beautiful thing about this card is the ability to cut, paste and delete files between the nand memory and the sd slot. So any file you have can be shared with someone who uses a micro sd flashcart. This pretty much eliminates the need for single card d/l play for me and my friends.
This brings me to the coolness that is having onboard nand and a micro sdhc slot for a slot1. They have released what seems like a fair amount of fw updates given the newness of the cart, but I chalk that up to the acekard team trying to play catch up with the other carts that already have a few more advanced features.
I started with an r4 a year ago and I won't get rid of it. I have had the RPG now for about two months and really enjoy it. I pre-ordered a black cyclods evo today too. So please don't ask me which to pick yet.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I want an AceKard pretty bad but their prices are too high for me for what is offered when an R4 can do most of what the acekard wants just better.

If you have money you want to spend I would say the acekard is the "fanciest" card in the market currently so for shell design and uniqueness it wins 1st place hands down. If you are looking for a flashy flash cart (pun not intended) to show off it comes with a sleek design and great looks at the expense of a hole in your wallet. Your choice.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: about to learn a horse with no name on guitar