Hacking Acekard R.P.G. problem

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just recently got a new Acekard R.P.G., but no matter what i do, i can't get it to work on my DSi which has firmware 1.4U. Does anybody know if it's even possible to get it working on there?

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry, bro. The Acekard RPG only works on DS Phats and Lites. The only Acekard known to work with the DSi is the Acekard 2i. If you want a DSi compatible cart, I would recommend either the Acekard2i (around $14 USD at ShopTemp) or the brand new Supercard DSTWO (around $32USD at PriceAngels). The DSTWO allows you to emulate GBA games on the DSi and watch DivX movies straight from your microSD on your DS.

Actually... where did you manage to buy an acekard RPG? I was pretty sure they discontinued production of those carts.

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i guess the cart itself wasn't new, but it's new to me lol
i got it off some australian site that's similar to ebay, where you buy from other people

i was just thinking it should be possible to work on the DSi 1.4U, since there is a firmware update for the Acekard 2i that allows it to work on 1.4

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowtheKitty said:
there is a firmware update for the Acekard 2i that allows it to work on 1.4
But you have the RPG, not the 2i. It doesn't apply to you.

There's a very good reason the Acekard 2i has an i on the end.

The same reason the Acekard 2.1 doesn't work on the DSi.

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wish it were so, but the Acekard2i has completely different hardware from the RPG.. and not even the newer Acekard 2.1s can function on a DSi.

I wouldn't buy flash carts from local people because chances are that they are trying to rip you off. Buying online is super cheap and there's even free shipping, but it does take a while for your carts to get to you (2-3 weeks).

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I realize all that, but you completely missed my point.

I meant that if the Acekard 2i can be updated to work with 1.4, why can't the RPG be updated as well?

coattails

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
coattails said:
the Acekard2i has completely different hardware from the RPG.. and not even the newer Acekard 2.1s can function on a DSi.

It's kind of like upgrading a bike so that it can race a car.. it's just not happening
frown.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowtheKitty said:

I meant that if the Acekard 2i can be updated to work with 1.4, why can't the RPG be updated as well?
Because the 2i was specifically designed to allow updating of the bootstrap.

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
ShadowtheKitty said:

i see. and the RPG can't be updated at all?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowtheKitty said:
Gordinio said:
ShadowtheKitty said:

i see. and the RPG can't be updated at all?
Nope.

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, that sucks. but i guess it gives me a good enough reason to get rid of the DSi and get a DSL lol

the only features i really liked on the DSi are the internet capabilities and the camera (since i don't have a camera phone)
but since now i have a PSP, all i need is the camera attachment to make up for that and go back to having a DSL

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowtheKitty said:
well, that sucks. but i guess it gives me a good enough reason to get rid of the DSi and get a DSL lol

the only features i really liked on the DSi are the internet capabilities and the camera (since i don't have a camera phone)
but since now i have a PSP, all i need is the camera attachment to make up for that and go back to having a DSL
Why not just keep the DSi and get an Acekard 2i?

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gordinio said:
ShadowtheKitty said:

Why not just keep the DSi and get an Acekard 2i?
Well for one, i already have an Acekard 2i but i wanted to get the RPG not only for the internal memory which loads faster, but also because it's open source and completely customizeable

and two, although the web browser and camera are nice features, they're low quality. the web browser is slow cause of the hardware limitations the DSi has, and the camera is low resolution and the pictures were of low quality. i had to do a bunch of enhancements on photoshop just to make them look somewhat like what they were supposed to be.

ShadowtheKitty

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
You can get an Acekard 2i from Shtoptemp for as little as $14.95 delivered.

You realise all flashcart's can't use the DSi enhancements such as the camera?
um, what are you talking about?
flashcart's have absolutely nothing to do with the camera at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: byes +1