acekard

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dge0VGOugQ

This is a lab work, it works ONLY in LAB. Even though we can go this far, it is almost impossible to make a commercial product.
There is a major problem that can't be resolved, at least for now.It seems DSi did many sanity checks to make sure there is no more fcards.
we will keep researching and good luck to all.

btw: we assume there are more than one modes on DSi, we still haven't found any way to access the SD card slot in origin DS mode.
www.acekard.com

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
This is cool, on DSi
biggrin.gif

Later, I think there will be a hack
biggrin.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How is that good news?

QUOTE said:
This is a lab work, it works ONLY in LAB.

Even though we can go this far, it is almost impossible to make a commercial product.

There is a major problem that can't be resolved, at least for now.

It seems DSi did many sanity checks to make sure there is no more fcards.

-Bri

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
w00t!

I just really hope that you can replicate that in a commercial product at some point
smile.gif

Are you allowed to tell us how you did it or is it a trade secret
ph34r.gif

P.S. How awesome that the Acekard is the first to be working on DSi (AFAIK)

jmonee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll bet it requires official Nintendo firmware or something else that is copyrighted. The problem is likely to be a legal one rather than a practical one.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Nice, now, how abou a SD hack so we don't need to buy Flashcards anymore
tongue.gif

Ow, right those flashcard makers prolly will never tell once the found it, then there out of business
smile.gif

So the will search for a flashcard solution anyway, either way, it all benefits homebrew makers (yeah and also pirates)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
They probably had to hack the DSi internally, that would explain why they couldn't create a commercial product from it...
ph34r.gif

That's what I'm thinking. They've either changed the internals of the cart or changed the internals of the DSi. Maybe in the future we'll see an AK mod-chip!
wink.gif

QUOTE(skarthebloodchild @ Nov 17 2008, 08:22 PM) What i believe is a dark_alex like coder for ds will make a custom firmware and load roms from sd slot without any flashcards.
A matter of time.

I wouldn't hold your hopes up. If the firmware is encrypted then it might be impossible.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bri said:
How is that good news?

QUOTE said:
This is a lab work, it works ONLY in LAB.

Even though we can go this far, it is almost impossible to make a commercial product.

There is a major problem that can't be resolved, at least for now.

It seems DSi did many sanity checks to make sure there is no more fcards.

-Bri

Errrmmm... Nicely put, however i think we should keep or hopes up.

cory1492

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice work AceKard
smile.gif
(though from the vid I see they made sure the boot method wasn't illustrated lab or otherwise, regardless of which way you turn the DS.)
---snip---
Here. Read the comments, looking specifically for the one from the guy who pretty much made (if not directly, set the groundwork - including slot1 trickery) all current methods of booting possible. As I have guessed before, it's most likely not all products elected to emulate a real DS card 'to spec', or the specs were unknown when designing the cards so they went with 'whatever works'. Also speculation on my part, but not too many manufacturers elect to make their products forward compatible via a software update (supercard being one of very few) even where possible, as all it does is cut sales of 'next gen' new products.

DaMummy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so once acekard gets this done, will the akrpg and ak2 just require a firmware upgrade to work it, or will it be a whole nother hardware thing, like a new acekard?

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
DaMummy said:
so once acekard gets this done, will the akrpg and ak2 just require a firmware upgrade to work it, or will it be a whole nother hardware thing, like a new acekard?

They haven't said yet but I'm guessing they've modded the DSi itself because they said it can only be done in the lab.

solarsun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm so glad when I chose AceKard as my slot1. Hopefully they can figure out what is going on and all I'd need is a firmware update on my sd card to get it to run on my dsi (when I get one stateside).

I noticed how it boots is slightly different then at least my games n music used to. I figured if anybody could do it acekard could!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr