Acekard not working?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
He just told me, that under his sticker, there are bumps. And there noticeable by eye. And I look at mine, and you can't see anything. Could he have gotten a messed up card or something?
What do you mean by bumps?

If there is a square shape under the sticker bump under the sticker then it's normally a clone. If he means there are bubbles or air bumps, then it's just from where someone has put the sticker on. These arrive stickerless to retailers, and someone has to put them on manually. If someone has put the sticker on wrong then removed it and put it back on properly, you'll see a few bumps.

Most Acekard 2's will have a slight bump in the middle from the blob chip underneath. It's nothing to worry about.

As I've said in the guide already linked to, some people are having troubles with them on DSi XL's.

"Try placing the XL on a stable flat surface, without moving it power on the XL and boot the acekard. Don't touch the touchscreen, just leave the game running through it's intro for 15mins. If it's still working, pick it up and try using the touchscreen; if it then hangs it's a contact issue. The movment will be causing the Acekard to move slightly in the slot, as will pushing the stylus against the touchscreen.

"A few people have had similar problems on their DSi XL and have solved it inserting the Acekard into the XL's slot normally until it's locked. Then without depressing it, pulling it out slightly; you shouldn't be able to pull it much because it should be locked."

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They're not air bubbles. I know on my Acekard, right in the center of the sticker, is a bump, but its from whatever is underneath. He says there's one there, and there's some on the left side.

He tried it in his DS lite. And the card works perfectly. So it's the XL. Which is weird because we got ours at the exact same time from the same place..

QUOTE said:
"A few people have had similar problems on their DSi XL and have solved it inserting the Acekard into the XL's slot normally until it's locked. Then without depressing it, pulling it out slightly; you shouldn't be able to pull it much because it should be locked."

What do you mean by that exactly? Like push the cart in all the way. Then try pulling it out without unlocking it?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
They're not air bubbles. I know on my Acekard, right in the center of the sticker, is a bump, but its from whatever is underneath. He says there's one there, and there's some on the left side.
I said the air bubbles because you said "there are bumps . And there noticeable by eye" rather than single bump.

There shouldn't be anything on the left side unless it's where the shell isn't fully sealed. You'll need to post a photo of it really.

ShadowSoldier said:
QUOTE"A few people have had similar problems on their DSi XL and have solved it inserting the Acekard into the XL's slot normally until it's locked. Then without depressing it, pulling it out slightly; you shouldn't be able to pull it much because it should be locked."

What do you mean by that exactly? Like push the cart in all the way. Then try pulling it out without unlocking it?
Yep, for some reason it works for some people.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So just checked. He said the bumps, are definitely not air bubbles.

And he did that test where you just turn it on and let the intro loop, it lasted about 4 minutes, then it froze.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't work in my DS either it's the card. Tried putting that piece of card under the pins and still froze. Is it possible to get a replacement card?

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
It doesn't work in my DS either it's the card. Tried putting that piece of card under the pins and still froze. Is it possible to get a replacement card?
At this point you should open a support ticket.
Can you tell us the HWID of the Acekard? Just in case.
It's found on the AKAIO menu under Start -> Help

Dragoon709

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Without a pic this is only speculation but it sounds like these "bumps" could be the hole for the chip in the shell of the clone carts.... if that is the case I would go back to the retailer and ask for a genuine replacement cart and not another clone. I'm keeping an eye on this too for when my Acekard arrives..... very soon I hope.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)