Hacking Acekard newbie. Read around, help please?

Mahare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awright, well, I've had said Acekard 2.1 for a couple weeks now. Loving it a lot. However, there are still a few questions I would appreciate answers for, if anyone is willing to share them.

1.) Skins - Is the AK A.I.O. firmware incompatible with generic Acekard skins? All the ones I have used either look glitchy or merely do not work at all. As well, is there any place to find AK A.I.O. skins?

2.) Games - I've looked over the Game Compatibility List, and there are a couple games not mentioned. I've read that Sonic Chronicles has problems saving, and I have noticed that myself. As well, Magical Starsign, when I played it, refused to stop saving for me. Is this also a technical issue, or am I just too impatient?

Thanks to any help I receive! It is much appreciated!

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO skins are fully compatible. First, download a copy of AK edit from the Acekard website and set the firmware type to AKAIO. Then, click on the folder button and open up the skin that doesn't work. AK edit will tell you what files are missing. Also, AK edit will convert the .bmp's into a 16 bit format - as the images need to be 16 bit.

For the games - all games can successfully boot, but some games have save issues. Try out the different loaders. For example, while opening a game, try holding down the "A" button during the loading text. The text should stay blue. Also, try holding down the other buttons as well (I'm not sure what the red text one is).

Mahare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, yea. Castlevania - Portrait of Ruin freezes up on me periodically, I think when I go into warp rooms. Is that also standard?

And thank you Brian!

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too sure about castlevania, but it's a game that puts much effort into the Acekard and all flashcarts - smooth gameplay is not to be expected.

Mahare

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, when it works it's flawless. It just freezes every now and then. Again, thanks for your help!
smile.gif

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
if you find games that don't work, even if you don't know a way to get them working, please add them to the compatibility wiki. norm is using that wiki as a foundation to get fixes completed. if people don't add, stuff can't get fixed.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKA...M_Compatibility

POR plays fine. team akaio added a speed fix to the 4.08 engine, and those fixes are now in akaio. also with the dma modes you should not have an issue. make sure your msd is fast enough (some class2 and slower sd cards have issues), and try the panasonic formatter -- if you haven't.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just 6 but dual band 6 lol