Hacking Acekard is not the best flash card on the market.

Pliskron

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been running some ongoing tests and the Acekard, Supercard + new OS, and The Cyclo. I've been testing new releases on each card. The results are that every time I load a brand new game on the Acekard and Supercard it ends up in failure but the games load flawlessly on the EVO. Time and time again I'm getting the same result. The Acekard performs the worst of the three. Funny since it's been voted best card of the millennium or sum such silly thing. So thats it. In real world tests the EVO is the best flash card on the market. I suppose thats not true if you have a DSi.

Note. Not every new game works on Cyclo

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You realize how much flaming you're going to get for that one definite statement?
Anyway, what games did you try with what version of what firmware?

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I read that thing 4 times, and lost about minute of precious time...

Best part is... WHAT in the MAN was failing, what game, what save, what in the MAN?
I should say that this thread is a
MISERABLE PILE OF SECRETS
But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
If AKAIO 1.5.1 wasnt cracked (to work on R4 and clones), the compatibility of ALL BRAND NEW GAMES should been fixed... Wait for AKAIO version 1.6 and you will change your statement
biggrin.gif

If CYCLO EVO doesnt run "not every new game" - what is the reason of your meaning, that this card is da best?

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Well seeing as you think Europe "sucks" on the basis of.....NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER, i can safely say that all your other opinions must of course be amazing.

MadClaw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One opinion doesn't change the FACT that more users think Ak2i is better, And it will stay that way, This topic was pointless, you're just a mad cyclo user.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
I've been running some ongoing tests and the Acekard, Supercard + new OS, and The Cyclo. I've been testing new releases on each card. The results are that every time I load a brand new game on the Acekard and Supercard it ends up in failure but the games load flawlessly on the EVO. Time and time again I'm getting the same result. The Acekard performs the worst of the three. Funny since it's been voted best card of the millennium or sum such silly thing. So thats it. In real world tests the EVO is the best flash card on the market. I suppose thats not true if you have a DSi.

Note. Not every new game works on Cyclo
As Rockstar always says, No you just suck.

Anyways can you please put that CycloDS and put it in a DSi and then tell me the compatibility list?
Oh wait...

XWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
xist said:
Well seeing as you think Europe "sucks" on the basis of.....NO PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WHATSOEVER, i can safely say that all your other opinions must of course be amazing.
Oooh, what thread did he make that amazing sweeping statement?

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You aren't running accurate tests. AKAIO 1.5.1 is NOT the latest build of AKAIO. The latest is AKAIO 1.6b5 according to the Acekard channel via IRC. Only a handful of people are special enough to have this beta version of AKAIO, aka The AKAIO Beta Team. Come back when AKAIO 1.6 is released publicly THEN make your stupid judgment again. You'll find that AKAIO 1.6 comes out on top each and every time.
biggrin.gif

I personally haven't tried AKAIO 1.6 nor do I have a copy of it but I can assure you, it is superior. period. no doubt what so ever. Sadly I have to agree with you, Supercard's new EVO does have new bells and whistles that makes it a bit more attracting. Although game compatibility for EVO vs AKAIO is AKAIO hands down because of its near daily loader updates. Development has stopped for AKAIO 1.5.1 because the team is busy making changes to the core firmware and moving to the new DevKitARM r28.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
XWolf said:
xist said:
Oooh, what thread did he make that amazing sweeping statement?
Wiimote little girl shot herself thread.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Out of curiosity I thought I'll just look at the past week on both AKAIO and Supercard forums to see how many people have had problems with their respective card

Results:
AKAIO: 7 people reported Bugs - 2 of which have already been fixed by Normatt in his latest build of AKAIO
Supercard: 26 people had problems with running games or had OS problems - of the ones I've read there's been no definite 'fix' for the problems, only suggestions to 'try out to see if it works'

Now tell me this.....

Which card is the most reliable & best supported based on these results ???

& don't forget - this is even with no recent loader updates from Normatt for ~1month now

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Out of curiosity I thought I'll just look at the past week on both AKAIO and Supercard forums to see how many people have had problems with their respective card

Results:
AKAIO: 7 people reported Bugs - 2 of which have already been fixed by Normatt in his latest build of AKAIO
Supercard: 26 people had problems with running games or had OS problems - of the ones I've read there's been no definite 'fix' for the problems, only suggestions to 'try out to see if it works'

Now tell me this.....

Which card is the most reliable & best supported based on these results ???

& don't forget - this is even with no recent loader updates from Normatt for ~1month now
Amen to that.
tongue.gif
Even when AKAIO isn't updated it still thrives over everyone else. That's what I call pwnage.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    R.I.P. LittleBigPlanet PS3 servers
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    LBP2 still the goat tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That can be played on ps5 iirc
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm surprised any PS3 servers are still up, tbh
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Alot of manufactures do care about older consoles they just want to whine about piracy
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I had 4.89 hfw on super slim that was great, but when I got a new hard disk I forgot where the guide was and could only find a guide for 4.90 and its resources
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I think another reason to want to update is if the hfw is at the level of the fw
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    you can sync trophies
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: yes