Hacking Acekard flashcart for ds or 3ds?

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have acekard2i. I have both a DSlite, and just purchased a 3ds.

So. Im just gonna ask and hope someone can help me out. I've looked around and Getting confused.

A)Im assuming I download Firmware Update of AK2i for console 3DS4.3 and DSi1.4.4. to make my AK2i work with a 3ds? But once I use that firmware.... I can no longer use that card with my DSlite correct?

Download AKAIO 1.9.0 is the new OS that I need to place on my card since this is the latest correct?

I am going to assume that there is no firmware that will allow me to use my flashcart on both the dslite and 3ds correct? This would be just termporary until I give someone else my dslite , etc.

The firmware for AK2i is just for 4.3 version of 3ds. I should not updated to 4.4 on the 3ds for any reason until they get a new firmware to run on the AK2i correct?

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to know. Thank you very much.

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Yes, do NOT update your 3ds unless you want to spend the rest of using your ak2i form your DS lite. Ackecard is behind by a few firmwares for 3ds, so there's your certain answer. :yaynds:

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Acekard 2i will always be compatible with a DS phat or DS lite. As for it working on a DSi or 3DS, just install the latest firmware update for the AK 2i, and the latest AKAIO and see if it works in your 3DS. I thought there was an update to the 3DS that made the Acekard 2i useless. Maybe somebody else knows more about that. Just do not update your 3DS until you know more. My flashcarts work in my 3DS and DSi because I have not updated them in a while.

GammaGeorgeX

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Acekard 2i will always be compatible with a DS phat or DS lite. As for it working on a DSi or 3DS, just install the latest firmware update for it, and the latest AKAIO and see if it works in your 3DS. I thought there was an update to the 3DS that made the Acekard 2i useless. Maybe somebody else knows more about that. Just do not update your 3DS until you know more. My flashcarts work in my 3DS and DSi because I have not updated them in a while.
Well yeah, but remember that pretty much EVERY flashcart besides just about r4ds is compatible with all dsi firmwares, because the DSi stopped updating after a while.

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. I updated the flashcart and saw this horse icon. Was a little skeptical, but read it would still work. It does. NDS games function on the new 3ds. Now. If I now place that Flashcart back into the NDSlite it will work ?

Thanks again!

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My DSi is at 1.4.3 because I think the 1.4.4 removes my iEvo DSi mode compatibility. So I quit updating for that reason. That flashcart was about a waste of moneys, nobody develops anything for it because Team Cyclops quit supporting it.

Yea, AK 2i will always work in DS lite no matter what, DS lite never gets updates. It's the 3DS you need to worry about, never update the 3DS until updated flashcart firmware is released.

teleska

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh. If it doesn't work in the old DSlites. Im assuming you can downgrade the firmware to work with the old Lites ?

Thanks again!

Latiken

GBATemp's Epic Fusion
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if you update your AK2i to work for your 3DS it will still work in your DS Lite because like someone else said, a DS Lite doesnt get updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn