Acekard DSI New Cardboard packaging is it like the 2.1 + dsi ?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by nuke888, Mar 21, 2009.

1. nuke888
    OP

Newcomer nuke888 Advanced Member

United States
    I just have received the Acekard 2.1 and the Acecard DSi in the new cardboard packagind.Since I am trying to evaluate which one to keep for me I would like to know:

1) Does the Acekard 2 DSI in the new packaging supports the new "enhancements" of the Acekard 2.1 ?

2) Did anybody on the web suxeed to test the Acekard 2 DSI on a Usa or European Dsi ?

3) At the end what the 2.1 has more ? I mean the concrete features it has more(lower power req and better card slot? etc etc)

I really want to know whats the best one to keep for me since my friend wouldn care that much.

P.S.
    Still awaiting memory cards so cant even use em... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Chris_Skylock

Member Chris_Skylock GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Philippines
    That's what I want to ask if the Acekard 2i is based from the 2.1. And we need to wait till April for the Acekard 2i in the DSi

3. lilkerv90210

lilkerv90210 Newbie

the Acekard 2 DSI works perfectlly on the nintendo DSi

Posts merged

heres a video

4. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    1. The Ak2i is basically a Ak2.1 without clips and with a little hack that makes it works on the DSi.
    2. There are no US or European DSi:s yet so question can't be answered until they're released.
    3. As I said, there's not much of a difference between the Ak2i and the Ak2.1 [​IMG]

5. nuke888
    OP

United States
    Yeah but what I think we all wanted to know infact is the exact answers,and I have just received the Acekard 2i/dsi,in the new cardboard package not the old one(same as acekard 2.1 one) What should I check for to see if it has some of the Acekar 2.1 featutes ? Like eg the sd slot ?(still have to receive the memory cards tho).
    For the Dsi itself maybe some could have it before the release date,somebody said it on the net,thats why i asked.I want to decide whats the best one for me to keep.Wonder if the Acekard team can answer here like did previously on other threads...

6. Minox

Sweden
    The older version had clips instead of being glued together and the Ak2i should therefore have better build quality. I've also heard that the Ak2i has a slightly protruding chip on the front as opposed to the Ak2.1.

7. nuke888
    OP

United States
    I have read what u are writing on the Acekard 2.1 to old Acekard review/comparisons.Somebody should definitely clear the misteries comparing Acekard 2.1 to Acekard Dsi possibly in the new cardboard package(not the blister one)

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the acekard 2.1 came out in different shells and different pcbs. each time it was updated (new controller chip, fat problem fixed, etc) they issued a new colored pcb. you can read the akaio wiki for a bit more information towards the bottom of the FAQ. the ak2i is the ak2.1 with a hacked bootloader strap so it boots on the dsi. the blister was the ak2 package and the box is the 2.1 package.

thats pretty much it.

-another world

9. nuke888
    OP

United States
    Oh finally then current cardboard dsi ak2 are always updated revisions of 2.1s thats what i suspected and wanted to know for sure.
    Thanks no words from some tester for Euro or us dsi ?

10. Minox

Sweden
    There are no US or European DSi yet so there is no real way to confirm if it works.

11. nuke888
    OP

United States
    How much battery's autonomy will i gain from the supercard mini to the acekard + 8GB micro ?

12. UScr00ge

Newcomer UScr00ge Advanced Member

United States
  13. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    You mean "for now" because the ak2i is fully upgradable like the ez5i or because next manufactured batches of ak2i will be modified to work on DSi EU/US ?

14. UScr00ge

Newcomer UScr00ge Advanced Member

United States
    Probably the latter, but we'll know more once the Acekard team gets a hand on a DSi from Europe or the US I'm sure (or when the new DSi firmware hits Japan.)

15. Mbmax

Member Mbmax Homebrew addicted

Antarctica
    Ok. So wait and see then.