Hacking Acekard & DS Phat

Chibicon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any reason to purchase the Acekard 2i over the Acekard 2.1 for an original "Phat" DS system?

Is there also a reason to purchase the premium flashing service from ShopTemp with an original DS?

When you select for a microsd card to be included, will a reader also be included?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No MicroSD card reader is included. There's no reason to select premium update + flashing for an Acekard 2.1. It's most useful if you are ordering an Acekard 2i, and don't have a DSL/ DSP to update it on. While they will still set up the MicroSD card up for you, it's easy enough to do yourself. Just follow my guide to set it up. When AKAIO gets updated you'll need to update it anyway.

The only reason to get a Acekard 2i, is that if you later get a DSi or DSi XL you will be able to use your Acekard with that. If you never plan to upgrade, there's no reason to get an Acekard 2i. Even then you could update it yourself, as you have a DS Phat.

Chibicon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This morning I was able to use the tracking number they give me via e-mail.

Now everytime I click on the link provided I get an error on the DHL page.

Chibicon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
No MicroSD card reader is included. There's no reason to select premium update + flashing for an Acekard 2.1. It's most useful if you are ordering an Acekard 2i, and don't have a DSL/ DSP to update it on. While they will still set up the MicroSD card up for you, it's easy enough to do yourself. Just follow my guide to set it up. When AKAIO gets updated you'll need to update it anyway.

The only reason to get a Acekard 2i, is that if you later get a DSi or DSi XL you will be able to use your Acekard with that. If you never plan to upgrade, there's no reason to get an Acekard 2i. Even then you could update it yourself, as you have a DS Phat.

Umm.... my order arrive and the Acekard did include a reader. So I purchased another reader for no reason...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead