Acekard Drivers

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by Beware, Nov 9, 2007.

Nov 9, 2007

Acekard Drivers by Beware at 12:13 AM (3,277 Views / 0 Likes) 14 replies

1. Beware
    OP

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    So I finally got my Acekard. I plugged it in and Windows says it's trying to install the drivers and prompts me to insert a CD. I thought it just used standard USB Mass Storage drivers. DOes it use special drivers? And, if not, why isn't my computer automatically pointing the Ac ekard to them? How do I force the Acekard to use those drivers? Any help would be great. I was really excited about this and now I'm really upset.

~Beware

2. rickshaw888

Newcomer rickshaw888 Member

Canada
    Hi. I will be getting mine soon, hopefully tomorrow, its in Vancouver, BC now. I will be watching this thread since I am pretty sure I will have the same issues as you will have.

Rick..

3. Beware
    OP

Member Beware GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, Bamboo Gaming tests everything before they ship it. It's really a rare thing for there to be a defective one. I'm gonna try one last computer tomorrow and if that doesn't work then I'm going to exchange it and try again.

4. DavePS

Newcomer DavePS Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    It just uses standard USB Mass Store drivers, mine auto detected and installed fine under Vista. I seem to remember that some versions of XP can get their Mass Storage drivers scrambled and you have to muck around to get it working again. Don't remember the exact circumstances, might try googling for it or try MSDN

5. rickshaw888

Canada
    Hey underpressure116. I finally got my Acekard RPG today. I had a different kind of problem when I plugged in the flash card to my PC with WinXP for the first time. I can hear the sound that kicks off when you plug in a usb device that the system recognizes. But it doesn't show up in my windows explorer. I had struggled for a while trying to figure out what to do. Then I went into Systems->Device Manager and in there the Acekard RPG show as unknown device. What I did was right mouse click on the device and selected the Update Driver option. It scanned the system for the proper driver and after that it worked.

So far so good.

6. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    It would be best for you to contact the acekard team about this issue and see if they will supply you with drivers for your card.

7. rickshaw888

Canada
    Hi. I took your suggestion and posted a question on their forum regarding the card's device driver for Windows. See what they have to say.

Thanks.

8. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    Mine auto detected in xp. Works great.

9. azotyp

Member azotyp GBAtemp Maniac

Poland
    Guys i have little question, you all have acekard, so you should know the answer. If i plug microsd to acekard and put cable into it, will acekard be able to transfer files via cable into microsd (it subbosed to work, if acekard team didnt do some connection into microsd slot via cable, that would be very lame from their side).

10. DavePS

Newcomer DavePS Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Nope, you cannot see the microsd under that scenario azotyp. Lame is rather a strong word to use, presumably, it was very difficult to do this, I wouldn't know, I don't have a degree in electronics.

11. azotyp

Poland
    1) And how much time it takes to copy lets say about 100 MB from built in flash into microsd (by using only nds and acekard). ?
    2) And can you mark multiple files, before copying from built in flash to microsd (using acekard on nds) ?
    3) And when you copy game with save, from flash to microsd, do you have to mark both in menu, or saves are copied automatically with game (from flash to microsd) ?

12. gratefulbuddy

United States
    1) Haven't timed it yet. I copied a trimmed (r4 trimmer 2.0) Flash Focus. I guess it was quick like 4-6 seconds not sure wasn't timing it. Will time a 100mb file later when I'm home if no one has yet.
    2) No. One file at a time. Works on a copy and paste system.
    3) Read #2. Although not 100% on this one. The Flash Focus was the only thing I've copied so far and it had no save yet. Will test later as well.

13. azotyp

Poland
    And one more question, do they add something besides acekard into the bundle (cable, reader etc), and will sandisk 4 gb or 6 gb cards word good with acekard (no slowdowns in games).

14. rickshaw888

Canada
    Finally found what the issue was with my PC not recognizing my Acekard RPG card. I have LibUsb-Win32 installed which was the culprit in this case. I uninstalled it and after connecting the card to my PC. It recognized it. I installed the LibUsb-Win32 so I can connect my PS3 controller.

Oh well. Thanks.

15. gratefulbuddy

United States
    Just did official test w/ v4.03 -
    1) Thrillville (trimmed with r4 trim 2.0) was 101MB; transfer from nand to A-data 2GB micro sd took 90 seconds.
    3) Saves do not get copied when copying games.