AceKard commenting project

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Raisingod, Sep 23, 2007.

Sep 23, 2007

AceKard commenting project by Raisingod at 5:54 PM (883 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Raisingod
    OP

Member Raisingod GBAtemp Fan

Israel
    So as I stated in the latest of the AKRPG topics we really need to comment the code ( plus build some usefull examples for simple thing , for exampl UI buttons are really easy to make and you can even build a Shortcut mechanisem quite easily {with INI setting file granted}).

Now This is not the easiest task and you will go over some great deal of code to comment only few functions but the outcome will be speeding of further development and making the code much more readable.

In order to comment a code of this magnitude ( not that big but big enough to require few people work) we need to split it up for several parts, each will touch a different field of programing:

1) The Loader : Mainly I/O issues and mem managment

2) Basic GUI infrastracture : The backbone of the GUI ( anyone who programed a GUI system before will find it easy so if there is someone who worked on GTK / KDE feel at home )

3)GUI iteration : this area will be the easiest to comment ( plus some parts of it are already commented) but will require going through most of the GUI code to understand.

So Any takers ?

P.S
    I'll be working on 2 && 3 as I haven't touched DS I/O libs in ages [​IMG]

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    I'll help once my unit arrives.

Also, I think the title should be the "Acekard documentation project".

3. Raisingod
    OP

Israel
    Well in the open source world documentation is writing a man ( those who use linux know the command )or a user guide. Documentation of the script itself is considered as commenting or creating developers guide [​IMG]

Anyway you can comment even without the unit as the code is pretty much straight forward

4. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    Ye, but I won't be interested until I get one.

5. Raisingod
    OP

Israel
    OK Anyway I'll probably start on Tuesday since I will have some free time then [​IMG].

6. Raisingod
    OP

Israel
    Update Number one : started commenting the code today . Seems like the GUI system isn't that complicated (the iteration seems like one of the easiest code I've seen ) , though most work will be done in the GUI section (I/O and basic loader aren't much of an interest to developers as theres nothing much to be done there without an extensive knowledge of the system )