AceKard and other Flash Carts with their "Fake" Ds game imag

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Filiab, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Filiab
    OP

Newcomer Filiab Member

Hey guys, I did a quick search but nothing turned up.

I used my AceKard on my 3ds the first day I got it, but I quickly restored and wiped the DS once I saw the game that it was logging as the Acekard. My question is, might there be a way for the client-end, to change what the fake game is being displayed? Or is that deeply routed within the firmware?

My apprehension about it, is that for the North American gamers, it would be virtually impossible for us to have that game playing on our DS due to the Region lock. SO immediately, that's a major red flag, should any action be taken for those using 3rd Party carts.

If I had the option, I would just simply change it to some common, local game.

Any ideas?

2. machomuu

Member machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    I don't think your going to find a way to change the bootstrap, there's no point anyway, just because Alex Rider or Dorasu suddenly becomes popular outside of Japan (specifically Alex Rider), it won't matter. But, if by chance they black list it, the Acekard will just change the bootstrap themselves.

3. Goofy Time

Member Goofy Time GBAtemp Fan

United States
    DS games feature no region lock, so any DS game without DSi enhancements works on all platforms.

4. Filiab
    OP

Newcomer Filiab Member

Good point! I totally overlooked the fact that it is read as a DS game vs a 3DS Game which in fact, are region locked.

That said, are many of you taking the risk?

Thanks for making me look like a chump Goofy [​IMG]

5. m3rox

Member m3rox GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I forgot to update my Ak2i before trading my DSi XL in toward my 3DS...

So nope, no flash cart fun for me (I really miss my GB/GBC/NES/SNES games).

6. GGC

Newcomer GGC Advanced Member

United States
    We can just delete the game from the history log, right?

I tried my Acekard 2i on my 3DS and erased it from the log. I think I should be fine and I use my AK2i with my DSi anyway (looks better).

7. saintrobyn

Newcomer saintrobyn Member

United States
    It is highly unlikely that Nintendo will bounce people that have played foreign games on the 3DS. I have an import copy of Osu! Tatakae! Ouedan! that I play on my 3DS all the time. The sound on the 3DS is far superior to my DSi in my opinion. If they are going to crack down on imports on the 3DS then I am hosed as well. On the flip side, I would prefer that my AK2i used a more widely known game from my region, maybe Mario Kart, NSMB, Tetris DS, or Pokemon Black/White. One that would definitely be played for long periods of time normally.

Side note: Ouendan leaps and bounds above its US counterpart Elite Beat Agents. [​IMG]