Hacking Acekard 2i won't update to work with 1.4 dsi firmware

CoDGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, i just received my acekard 2i from Digimartz and set it up right with all the right files and put all my roms from my r4 on (as i used to have a ds lite but now have a dsi).

As my dsi came with firmware 1.4e pre-installed i would have to update it to work with my dsi, my sister has an original ds so i assumed that i could update it on that, it loads up fine and all the roms and moonshell work fine but when i load up either ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds or ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds it loads up fine but when i press start it says "Progress 0%..." and it just stays on that screen for ages and has never gone up in percentage.

i can turn off the ds and the acekard will still work fine but neither one of the updates work, if anyone knows what to do it would be a great help.

Here are some pictures of it:
DSC01042.jpg

DSC01044.jpg

DSC01045.jpg

DSC01047.jpg

DSC01046.jpg

DSC01048.jpg

DSC01049.jpg

DSC01050.jpg

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you use oficial system or akaio?
Are you sure your ak is not fake?
Do you try it on ds lite also? - many people have troubles when updating on fat ds...

CoDGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for replying

im using official firmware 4.21 and im going to try on my friends ds lite on monday before taking it apart to check if its fake or not.

if it doesn't work on the ds lite i might just send it back for a new one rather than check, or go to another site to purchase one, does anyone know of any reliable sites other than digimartz?

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Format your microSD and put AKAIO 1.5.1 on it.
1. better nds and homebrew compatibility
2. if not work with your ak2i - than you recognize you have a fake card

3. and the last reason - all update for 1.4 I made was with AKAIO system, and no problem... so maybe it is only HB noncompatibility (with 4.21) or that the DSL file not work with fat ds...

Let me know how it ends...

EDIT: Use DSL file only when updating on DS Lite/fat...

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
penthaler said:
Format your microSD and put AKAIO 1.5.1 on it.
1. better nds and homebrew compatibility
2. if not work with your ak2i - than you recognize you have a fake card

3. and the last reason - all update for 1.4 I made was with AKAIO system, and no problem... so maybe it is only HB noncompatibility (with 4.21) or that the DSL file not work with fat ds...

Let me know how it ends...

EDIT: Use DSL file only when updating on DS Lite/fat...
the official firmware shouldn't be a problem, i updated my card using the official firmware and put akaio on after the update.
Try a dslite, the dsphat is said to have problems updating the ak2i.

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
scrtmstr - maybe you are right, maybe not -> i got many troubles with official system and many homebrew aplications that not work on AK4.xx but on AKAIO 1.5.x works without problem... That is why I wrote to use akaio instead of ak system - ds update is only homebrew...

agree with dsphat - it is not good to update ak2i (didnt test but read about it on many sites)

Stefanetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Since I've put the ak2ifw_update_14_DSi.nds into my acekard 2i,
My acekard doesn't work anymore and the folders of my SD card on the windows explorer have changed name and I cannot open them !
So I have also lost my data !!
What can I do please help me !

penthaler

Trophies
XP
Country
Stefanetto said:
Hello,
My acekard doesn't work anymore and the folders of my SD card on the windows explorer have changed name and I cannot open them !

Format your microSD card - i dont think you have problems with ak but with microsd...

Stefanetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

D

Deleted User

Stefanetto said:
Hello,
You dont need 2 posts to get your point across, do what penthaler said and for mat your micro sd card.

CoDGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the quick replies and suggestions!

i am going to try what penthaler said first just to be sure ive tried everything, and i will probably like AKAIO better than the official (i have heard that its good) anyway if all else fails ill just leave it til monday to update on my friends ds lite.

as for Stefanetto, i haven't had my acekard for one day yet so wouldn't know but i have never seen anything on the internet like your problem, you could try searching around on the internet more or posting on different forums for a soloution. Good Luck!

thanks for all the help guys, on monday ill post to say if it works or not, or if AKAIO just so happens to make it work ill post earlier.

EDIT: i formatted my sd card (Fat32) and put AKAIO on it loaded it up on the ds phat but still no luck, guess im gonna hav to wait until monday...

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
use the one with dsl in its name you use the one witch is used for dsi not ds phat!

(the one with dsi after it is for THE DSI not ds phat!)

edit one negate me..

Stefanetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
Thanks for your replies.
Sorry not to have detailed enough the problem !
In fact I don't know if my acekard is genuine or not..
But I used AKAIO before updating the system and it was with my DSi.
I have formated my micro SD as you told me.
But now, you advise me to download the DSlite file and update my acekard with a DSlite right?
Thank you

Stefanetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ireland 1 said:
Stefanetto said:
Hello,
You dont need 2 posts to get your point across, do what penthaler said and for mat your micro sd card.
Sorry for the 2 posts, internet didn't work well and I have clicked two times.

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CoDGuru said:
thanks for replying

im using official firmware 4.21 and im going to try on my friends ds lite on monday before taking it apart to check if its fake or not.

if it doesn't work on the ds lite i might just send it back for a new one rather than check, or go to another site to purchase one, does anyone know of any reliable sites other than digimartz?

What is the HWID of your acekard? I could probably tell if it is a fake by looking at the HWID.

CoDGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
What is the HWID of your acekard? I could probably tell if it is a fake by looking at the HWID.
If your refering to Hardware Identity isn't if in the last picture on my first post "Chip ID = 0fc2 HW = 8181".

If not then sorry i am not sure but id like to know how to find it out, but i am running AKAIO 1.5.1 on the card at the moment and i have heard that if it can run AKAIO later and including release 1.4 it is not fake if that helps.

Anyways gonna try updating on a ds lite tomorrow.

EDIT: Just looked on the internet on how to find out my HWID and found out that it is "81"

DSAndi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*edit*Ok i misread something. *
I think u need either a DS lite or DSI for the updates.

I think the file with lite in the end could work on a DS Phat but not quite sure.

Since i have a lite i never had problems with updating em.
If its bricked try load that file with ur R4 remove it place AK2i in and then do update.

Gariscus

Former Team Cyclops Mod
Trophies
XP
Country
The file with DSi on the end works on Phats, lites, and DSis with firmware lower than 1.4. The file with DSL on the end is for updating multiple Acekard 2is without powering a DS/i off and it also works with Phats, lites and DSis with firmware lower than 1.4.

Stefanetto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSAndi said:
*edit*Ok i misread something. *
I think u need either a DS lite or DSI for the updates.

I think the file with lite in the end could work on a DS Phat but not quite sure.

Since i have a lite i never had problems with updating em.
If its bricked try load that file with ur R4 remove it place AK2i in and then do update.

I found how to update it properly.
I put the DSlite and DSi file in my acekard and I used the DSi one with a DSlite.
There was no problem with the 1.4 DSi and all the games are working properly.
But apparently try not to update your acekard from a DSi because it has damaged my Micro SD card data.
Thanks for your help and I hope it will help you.

CoDGuru

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i hav tried it on a ds lite and same problem but i have searched the internet for ages and
i have now found a soloution for anyone else who has this problem.

use this link, and use this file insted of the acekard update one.
R4DSi 1.4 Update

even though it says r4dsi when u update, it works perfectly, thanks for everyones help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.