Acekard 2i with AKIAO: Problems bringing saves over from R4

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by reginator, Apr 18, 2010.

1. reginator
    OP

Newcomer reginator Member

Canada
    I recently bought an Acekard 2i to replace my now ancient R4- and I love it in every way, except that I can't seem to get it to recognize the .sav files from my R4. I transferred them directly over, and whenever I start up a game on the acekard it shows zero save data, and flat out makes an new save file in the games folder when I check. Is there a workaround for this issue, or a way to make it recognize the older saves? Thanks in advance.

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Make sure your R4 saves are *.sav not *.SAV. We've been getting a lot of these problems lately. If you want to quickly rename your saves, extract & place this file in the folder where your saves are located and run it. Credit goes to tk_saturn for the file.

Also make sure the name matches the ROM and that in your "System Options" the default "Save Ext." is set to ".sav" not ".nds.sav". If you've double checked all these things are done correctly and you're still having problems, post a screenshot of the folder containing the saves.

3. reginator
    OP

Canada
    I did double check the rom/save file names, but I beleive that are bunch ARE .SAV with the caps, and not .sav. Gonna try this out right now.

Edit: Changing the extensions to .sav over .SAV didn't seem to help. I have noticed though that for each game that won't recognize my older save, if I create a new file for it, THEN move in the older saves and overwrite them, getting the full windows "are you sure you want to replace X with X yadda yadda", it seems to work. It will just take a little while to do this for each game...

4. reginator
    OP

Canada
    Thank you though Hakoda, I wouldn't thought of trying renaming the extensions, and doing that lead me to trying to copy the saves over a second time. Cheers!

5. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Interesting I've never heard this before. I'll keep this in mind next time I find someone with save problems. I wonder why this is...