Acekard 2i VS Supercard DSTWO (In terms of user friendliness)

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by XDarkz, Mar 13, 2011.

1. XDarkz
    OP

XDarkz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2011
    United States
    Just as the title had said.

There was a problem with paypal so I wasn't able to get the Acekard 2i for my girlfriend as intended last night -- so I waited. In the midst of waiting, I read a number of great reviews about the DSTWO and after innocuously asking my girlfriend if she had a large GBA game base, I'm starting to consider it.

I looked up some videos on the DSTWO and saw a multitude of options, settings, and features. I'm not looking to get her a feature-rich flash cart however, simply because she won't know how to use them (she won't even try, most likely, lol). So should I instead get her Supercard DSTWO for the amazing features, almost 100% compatability and all the works -- or should I go ahead and get her the Acekard 2i (For it's equally impressive features) and an expansion slot 2 slot in the future (She has the original DS).

EXTREMELY user-friendly UI, 100% Compatibility, Drag-and-drop play, and an extremely active team.

Thank you all.

2. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    Ah, there's an issue with both when it comes to GBA games.

• Slot-2
      • Perfect running speed.
      • Needs patching of many/most games.
    • DSTWO
      • Not perfect speed. Might be tolerable, might not.
      • Needs barely any patching.

3. Evo.lve

Evo.lve All that you could be.

Oct 11, 2010
    Away from you.
    The DS2 IS the feature-rich cart you speak of.

In terms of ROM compatibility there's really no difference.

However, as Rydian already said, (thanks for saving me 3 paragraphs of text), both ways of playing GBA games are either really fiddly (Slot2 expansion) or emulated which has a whole range of disadvantages (DS2 emu).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice