Hacking Acekard 2i v1.4 Fix not working

Daelith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I recently ordered a pair of Acekard 2i's. One for me, and one for a friend. The order was placed from electro-deal.com, which is listed as an official supplier. They came in yesterday, and I'm already off to a "fun" start. After discovering that they would not work on the DSi version 1.4, which I had updated to well before acquiring this chip, I was already looking for a cure to my problem. I found all the past topics on it, and after attempting to patch my Acekard, I ran into a problem. Nothing happens. I press start in order to get the update going, and it just sits there. I left it running plugged in all day while I was at school, and nothing happened. It sat at 0% all day, and I tried it on multiple DS Phat's and DS Lites, each time getting the same result.

I suppose I could order another one, if I really need to, but I'd first like to know if this problem is at all fixable. If it's not fixable, I'd like to know a better place to get it, that will actually allow it to work, once I have it.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which update are you running? You should be using the "ak2ifw_update_14_DSL.nds" file for the update on a DS Lite.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
Known issue, you need to use ak2ifw_update_14_DSi_new.nds

http://www.mediafire.com/?n4nm0i5dmtm

From the official upgrade thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=174523

There are many posts about it on this forum.

Hahah silly me! Please ignore my previous comment
tongue.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
and buddy, you were an idiot for buying from electro-deal.com, why? because they ship from Hong Kong and don't allow for exchanges/ refunds if the product is faulty.

If you are going to buy it from HK, there are much cheaper places to buy from. $22.95 + $4.95 shipping is a massively inflated price to play for a AK2i from HK. Even DX/ FP will exchange/ refund if the item is faulty. Mine were $12.97 delivered.

Daelith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks Saturn, that got it working, and yeah, I realized after I ordered it that it was probably stupid, but I didn't care a whole lot, cause there was no duty, which tends to happen to me whenever I order something to Canada. They both work, so I don't really care anymore either.

One last thing, I'm not your buddy, guy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."