AceKard 2i Some Games are running a little Laggy.

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by TheUltimateHack, Jun 9, 2010.

1. TheUltimateHack
    OP

Newcomer TheUltimateHack Member

United States
    Ok so here it is. I have a AceKard 2i with a 4GB Micro SD Card Loaded with 9 Games. Almost All the games are on it Working fine. I noticed 1 thing. I have about 4+ Megaman Games and they are either Laggy or Just Freeze at One Specific point.
    There also 1 other game that Freezes which is Zelda(the first 1 i forgot the name) For DS.
    Can Anybody Help me with this?

2. Hakoda

Member Hakoda GBAtemp Addict

United States
    Make sure you're running AKAIO 1.7 (hopefully you don't have a clone cart) and format your MicroSD using the SD Formatter,

3. TheUltimateHack
    OP

Newcomer TheUltimateHack Member

United States
    Ya i alrdy formated but never used SD Formatter before. so ill be sure to do that Later. and i am going to upgrade soon

4. girugamarc

Member girugamarc GBAtemp Fan

United States
    it could just be your micro sd card. I bought a 4gb radioshack brand and it runs my games a tad bit slow. Not to mention some graphical issues.

It still does it even after I use the micro sd formatter

5. spark1223

Member spark1223 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Could be the micro sd especially if its a china san disk.

6. Oujisama

Newcomer Oujisama Newbie

United States
    Its definitely your microSD card. You should have at least a class 6 to run all games properly. I know Zelda Phantom Hourglass freezes on class 2 cards, so you just need a better card

7. spark1223

United States
    I have a class 2 and zelda runs fine. Class speed denotes write speed, not read.

8. Oujisama

Newcomer Oujisama Newbie

United States
    Games lagged horribly and Phantom Hourglass froze at many points on my class 2, but they work perfectly on my class 6. It undeniably affects the read speed as well

9. spark1223

United States
    No it doesn't. Four of my micro sds are class 2, I have no lag in any games, including Phantom hourglass.

You too, like the op had a badly made micro sd with bad read speeds. Class speed doesn't have anything to do with read.

To prove this, you can take 2 china made san disk micro sd's both 4 GB with different class speeds and I can almost guarantee that the read speeds in both will be slow enough to cause lag in games

10. gary2010

Member gary2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have a 8gb sandisk class 2 with about 170 games on it and they all run fine not 1 bit of bother. my class 4 card just copys over the data from the laptop faster but runs all games the same aswel