Acekard 2i Slowdown and Glitches Question (Fake Card?)

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by onemustfall, Mar 19, 2010.

1. onemustfall
    OP

Newcomer onemustfall Newbie

United States
    I just purchased a Acekard 2i from www.wiiloveds.com. Most games seem to work. A couple games though are glitchy and a couple freeze. I've read that the Acekard is pretty good regarding game compatibility and what not. Specific games are:

Metroid Prime Pinball - Lot's of slowdown during gameplay.

Ultimate Mortal Kombat - Slowdown and glitchy.

Rayman DS - Freezes at third intro screen.

Metal Slug 7 - Slowdown and glitchy.

The hardware ID on it is 81. I tried the latest offical firmware loader and also the latest Akaio with it and they both give the same results. I've tried various other games: Mario Kart, Chrono Trigger, Yoshi's Island DS, Mario 64 DS... They all work fine. Tried a couple different roms too to make sure it wasn't just a bad rom, and all give the same results.

Anybody else have these issues?

2. Thoob

Member Thoob LOLmonade.

United Kingdom
    Well it's not a fake card if AKAIO is working on it. You should still get a replacement if you are having these problems though.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    The only one of those i've played for any serious amount of time is Metroid Prime Pinball, and I had no slowdowns or glitches on AKAIO 1.5.1

4. ArkT

Newcomer ArkT Member

New Zealand
    You probably have a cheap micro sd which cannnot run some games at their actual speed.

5. onemustfall
    OP

United States
    It is a sandisk 4gb Micro SDHC card. I purchased it with the Acekard. I have another regular 2gb sandisk card I will give a try at.

6. onemustfall
    OP

United States
    That was it. My 2GB Sandisk from my phone worked fine. I thought a 4GB SDHC Sandisk would be fine. Most games seem fine. I suppose I can just swap them out. Is there are recommended SDHC card?

7. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    I've always had wonderful experiences with NewEgg, and I've heard great things about ADATA cards:
    4GB ADATA Class 6 MicroSDHC @ $9.75: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196
    8GB ADATA Class 6 MicroSDHC @ $17.25: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211341

8. onemustfall
    OP

United States
    It's not even a fake. The Sandisk ones are class 2. I emailed Wiiloveds and let them know that they should offer to bundle a higher class card with the flash carts. I'll just get a different one and eat this one as a snack or something.

9. Mantis41

Member Mantis41 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The other thing to try with lower class SDs is to make sure the files are not split (fragmenteted).

Easiest way to do this is copy everything off the card, quick format, then copy everything back on.

The problem is everytime you mess with a file on the SD it could create a gap and cause the next ROM you copy on to become a non-contingous (fragmented) file.